10 Classic Chick-Flicks That Will Take Your Girls' Night To The Next Level

Hilary Duff, Sandra Bullock, & Alicia Silverstone will always have our backs!

214
Instagram

We all have those nights that we would preferably spend in bed, comfort food in-hand. But, what happens when you get tired of watching the same series over and over again? What do you do when you want to fantasize about your "prince-charming," but have no clue where to turn because he certainly isn't anywhere to be found in real-life? Don't fret, all of the answers can be found in these classic, heart-wrenching favorites!

1. While You Were Sleeping (1995)

In this romantic comedy, Lucy Moderatz (Sandra Bullock), is a transit worker who has her eyes on a daily commuter, Peter. One day she rescues Peter from a near death experience that leaves him in a coma, but what happens when a nurse makes the assumption that these two are lovers? Does she roll with it, or put an end to the rumor?

2. Clueless (1995)

It's all in the name for this classic. Cher Horowitz is the crazy rich, crazy popular high school teen who seems to have it all, but ends up letting her heart get in the way. This one is seriously funny, and a definite must-see.

3. 10 Things I Hate About You (1999)

What starts out as a light-hearted film will later have you in tears while you listen to Kat Stratford publicly declare her "hatred" for a boy she has come to love. If you are in the feels, this is your best choice!

4. A Walk to Remember (2002)

Do you need to cry? That's all I have to say. This is a tear-jerker for sure.

5. Bring It On (2002)

Bring on the laughs with this one, starring Torrance Shipman (Kirsten Dunst), captain of the Toro cheerleading squad. Torrance's only goal is to win the national championship, but she will face many corny obstacles throughout her journey to the top.

6. How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days (2003)

Andie Anderson (Kate Hudson), is a new and upcoming journalist who hopes to please her editor with an article focused on driving away a man in 10 days, but what happens when this experiment leads her to the man of her dreams? A classic tale of a conflict between work and romance.

7. 13 Going on 30 (2004)

When we were little, all we wished was to be older, hotter, and successful. But when this becomes our reality, we often wish we could be young again. This movie features Jenna (Jennifer Garner), a teen who spontaneously becomes the adult she often wished she was, but a lot can change over the years. Peek into the highs and lows of adulthood with this film!

8. A Cinderella Story (2004)

Chad Michael Murray makes his appearance in this film as Austin Ames, a modern-day prince-charming. Austin Ames falls in love with his pen pal, Samantha (Hilary Duff), but has no clue who she is on the computer screen. When they finally meet, they are completely in shock by who is standing in front of them. See how they handle the element of surprise in this teen-drama.

9. White Chicks (2004)

This isn't necessarily a chick flick, but it is by far the best prescription for some comedic relief.

10. 50 First Dates (2004)

Who wouldn't want to go on 50 dates with someone as hilarious as Adam Sandler? Watch Henry (Adam Sandler) woo his love interest Lucy, who suffers from short-term memory loss, every single day and ultimately convince her family that he is in it for love.

BONUS:

12. Magic Mike (2012)

Is it getting hot in here? Oh, it's just Channing Tatum. This one wasn't made before 2005, but it absolutely could not be left out!

There are plenty more movies that are more than suitable for a night-in, but let this be your go-to list for the next couple of girls nights!