10 Thoughts Students Have When They Get That "Class Cancelled" Email

5. What show should I binge all day?
139

The typically annoying Alert Carolina messages that bombard our phones all throughout the year receive a more thoughtful look when weather becomes inclement. Instead of glancing quickly at the text or email, students more thoroughly read the messages during the winter season, hoping for one thing and one thing only: canceled classes!

Here's ten thoughts I had when classes got canceled (each time):

1. *pure excitement*

The first thing that happens when that beautiful message pops up on your phone is that excitement takes over you. Heartbeats quicken and a feeling of euphoria rushes through your body.

2. Is this real?

Once the initial shock is beginning to pass, I start checking every other path of communication the university has with us (email, social media) to make sure everyone is on the same page.

3. *celebrate with friends because, yes, this is real*

Call everyone. Text everyone. This calls for a celebration.

4. What the heck is homework?

Move aside textbooks, Netflix and I have a date.

5. What show should I binge all day?

The dreaded choice: re-watch a classic binge show like The Office or Parks and Recreation, or start something new?

6. SNOW DAY

Bundle up and brace the snowy weather. And, of course, take a break from the snowball fights and snowman-building to take Insta-worthy photos at all the hot-spots on campus.

7. How much snow is too much snow?

Eventually the snow gets old and the treat of frost-bite becomes too likely. Time to head inside and cozy up!

8. Time for a nap.

Frolicking out in the snow is exhausting! Head back, bundle up, take a nap. Besides, it's been so long since I slept last night.

9. How long will we be snowed in?

I'm no expert, but this is basically a blizzard, right? We definitely need a few more days off.

10. How am I already relieved to have a break?

Classes just started, how do I already need a break? Whatever, I'll take it!

Hope you made the best of your show days, Tar Heels! Stay warm!