Why Some Churches Are Losing Their Holy Value

God's Temple or Our House?

15

Our generation as a whole has contributed greatly to the growth of the current churches we know today. Whether we're talking baptist or non-denominational churches, we've all witnessed how new and improved components of our generation has redefined the church. Multiple instruments on one keyboard, online streaming, and bible apps. You name it. Through the years the churches in America have become more technologically advanced.

Although there are all of these awesome contributions to service, there are still some cons. Many believers of this generation are encouraged to serve God in a free-spirited way, which isn't a bad thing. I love the fact that people don't mind praising freely and that now the comfortability level of church can be compared to that of home. But is this new approach in an effort to draw those to church causing the church to lose its holiness?

Where church is suppose to be the house of God, I think some of our churches have subconsciously switched the roles and made it our own houses. Think about it: Church is for God...to edify his name and to acknowledge everything is he is, was and is to come. Church was intended to be a sacred place between God and his people. With this being said: why is it, as time goes by, we're seeing more and more churches that have to deal with individuals texting in the pews? Or more and more individuals leaving out early to take a business call? Or people who no longer care to dress up appropriate clothing to be in the presence of the LORD our God. You see people snapchatting and video taping performances. If I'm not mistaken, the set up for some of these churches, are like a high school classrooms

In an effort to reach our generation, I believe we've compromised holiness to accommodate those who may be potential members. God is big enough to lure people into his house. All we have to do is make sure that the house is clean when they get there.