Christmas Tree Coloring Pages for children - DDC123

Download more Christmas Tree Coloring Pages at DDC123: albero di natale da colorare. Considered a must-have decoration for many who celebrate Christmas and open gifts with loved ones each year, the interesting history of the Christmas tree probably dates back at least two millennia.

7

Considered a must-have decoration for many who celebrate Christmas and open gifts with loved ones each year, the interesting history of the Christmas tree probably dates back at least two millennia.

Christians were not the first to admire and decorate Christmas trees. The tradition began over 2,000 years ago when pagans used to worship evergreen trees as a symbol of fertility.

Between the 1500s and 1600s, people in Latvia and other Eastern European countries began to decorate Christmas trees, and later, the Germans adopted this tradition.

• The Nordmann Fir has been a popular Christmas tree choice in Europe for several years and is gaining momentum in the United States.
  • About 350 million Christmas trees are currently growing on Christmas tree farms in the United States, with only 2% of Christmas trees being cut down in the wild.
  • More than 100,000 people work in the Christmas tree growing industry, according to the National Christmas Tree Association.
  • The 16th century Protestant reformer Martin Luther is credited with being the first to add lighted candles to a tree. As he walked home one winter's night, he was intrigued by the glow of stars shining through the evergreen trees. He regained his sight at home for his family, erecting a tree in the main room and linking the branches with lighted candles.
  • The tradition of hanging a Christmas tree upside down from the ceiling is an ancient tradition that originated in Central and Eastern Europe. Upside-down Christmas trees are reported to be common among many Slavic groups.Albero Di Natale18 Albero Di Natale17 Albero Di Natale16 Albero Di Natale15 Albero Di Natale14 Albero Di Natale13 Albero Di Natale12 Albero Di Natale11 Albero Di Natale10 Albero Di Natale9