Top 10 Worst Christmas Songs

Top 10 Worst Christmas Songs

Have you been listening to too many Christmas songs recently? Need a break from all the joy? Look no further!

762
Top 10 Worst Christmas Songs
History

It's the most wonderful time of the year, yet we tend to ruin it by playing the same few songs about 20 times within a span of about three weeks.

While there are some songs out there that mock this, "The Christmas Can-Can" by Straight No Chasers, most people tend to get fed up, and if you're like me, will have a strange feeling of anger when they hear the same song for about the 23rd time.

So with that, here are the top 10 worst Christmas songs of all time.

1. All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth

Whether it's a small child singing or a grown adult, who in the world only wants their two front teeth for Christmas. Not only that but wouldn't that be something to ask the tooth fairy for since she is the one dealing in the tooth department.

2. Last Christmas

This song has one of the worst messages. The person in the song just gave away their heart, and apparently not even to someone special the first time. If you are going to give away your heart, especially on Christmas, it should be going to either a bunch of food or someone that is truly special the first time.

3. Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer

I have met a reindeer and can confirm, that most likely, Grandma, did indeed get run over by a reindeer. This isn't a laughing matter sir, this fuzzy, cute looking reindeer has just committed a crime against your poor grandma.

4. Jingle Bells

As my good friend, Emma has said. This is a Thanksgiving chant just sung in the time of December. She actually is not kidding though as this song was first originally supposed to be for Thanksgiving, it just mentioned snow so it turned into a Christmas song. The lyrics themselves also aren't all too great, I mean it was written back in 1857, so at least it gets some credit for that.

5. Joy to the World

Honestly, this song is just really, really slow. It has nothing to do with the fact that the song is about Jesus, that part makes it quite beautiful. It's just the fact that the song is super duper slow and goes up really high in the notes. It also repeats a ton, just like every other Christmas song too.

6. Angelic Celebration

This song, unlike the others, has no words to it at all. The only reason this song is annoying is the fact that every - single - band - plays it. Sometimes that school/band will even play it two years in a row without regrets. Yes, it's a beautiful song the first time through but after that, I would recommend earplugs.

7. Deck the Halls

With the ancient lyrics that are impossible to remember and the amount of fa la la las, it's amazing that people still like this. I don't have much to say about this song other than it can fa la la it's way back home.

8. I want a Hippopotamus for Christmas

Once you hear this song, you can never unhear it. It's just like Angelic Celebration, where you can hear it once and that's it. Except you can't. Once you hear the song once, it repeats in your head over and over again, bouncing off the walls in your brain like a child does when hyped up on sugar.

9. 12 Days of Christmas

On the first day of Christmas, my love gave to me some lovely noise-canceling headphones so I don't have to listen to this whole song. This is like every Christmas song ever but hyped up on steroids. Each line repeats over and over, and I realize that's the point of the song but couldn't they have written it to be a lot less annoying. Plus, this is setting really high expectations of what you have to buy for your significant other. If you were ever curious as to how much their lover spent, the total was $156,507.88.

10. Baby it's Cold Outside

OK, have you ever actually listened to the lyrics in this song. The female wants to know what's in her drink, when she says that she's gonna say that she's tired and then the man replies with "What's the sense in hurting my pride?" What kind of song is this? What song are we all singing to our kids, having on the radio, and just what in the world? These are by far the worst lyrics, there could possibly be and this is the definitely the top spot for worst Christmas songs.

Those were the top ten worst Christmas songs of the season. I hope this weekly interruption of midterms and holiday joy has helped to throw you back into the Christmas mood. Even after a Grinch like article.