10 Ways To Get Into The Christmas Spirit In New Orleans

We may not have a white Christmas, but we've got our very own New Orleans Christmas.

95

While some people are dreaming of a white Christmas, we are living the dream with mild weather and a New Orleans Christmas.

Art of Giving

When: Tuesday December 6, 5pm - 8pm

Where: Ogden Museum of Southern Art

Stop by the Ogden Museum of Southern Art to support local vendors and get all your holiday shopping done. If you need more motivation, there will also be cocktails, music, food, and free gift wrapping!

Christmas Bonfire on the Levee

When: Friday December 9, 5pm - 9pm

Where: Nottoway Plantation

Holiday Movies on the Mississippi

When: December 9 & 16, 6:30pm

Where: The Outlet Collection at Riverwalk - Spanish Plaza

Krewe of Kringle

When: Saturday December 10, 6pm - 3am

Where: French Quarter

Dust off your Santa outfits and gather your reindeer, meet the Krewe of Kringle downtown at the House of Blues - Voodoo Garden and get ready to parade down Bourbon in true New Orleans fashion.

Running of the Santas

When: Saturday December 17, 2pm - 11:45pm

Where: Starts at Manning's - 519 Fulton St.

Don't put away those Santa outfits quite yet! This festival/pub crawl starts at Manning's and ends at Generation Hall with live music from Category 6 and Flow Tribe.

Caroling in Jackson Square

When: Sunday December 18, 6:30pm - 7:30pm

Where: Jackson Square

Santa visits Pat O'Briens

When: Every Friday and Saturday night in December, and Christmas night, 5pm-9pm

Where: Pat O'Briens

Holiday cheer, 1/2 priced photos with Santa, and your favorite Pat O's drinks!

Miracle on Fulton Street

When: Enjoy the sights until December 24

Where: Fulton Street

The 30-foot tree is only the beginning of the miracle. A gingerbread house display, pictures with santa, Christmas carolers, live music and hourly snowfall, all without the freezing temperatures, it really is a Christmas miracle!

Creole Christmas

When: December 27-29, 10am-4pm

Where: Friends of the Cabildo, 1850 House Museum Store, 523 St. Ann Street

Take a walk through time and enjoy these historic houses decorated in their Creole Christmas finest.

Celebration in the Oaks

When: Open through January 1, 2017 (Closed Christmas Eve and New Years Eve)

Where: New Orleans City Park

Celebrating its 30th anniversary, enjoy the mild winter weather at this spectacular lights festival. Take the train ride through the light exhibits and view Christmas Cajun style!