How Christmas Lost Its Meaning

How Christmas Lost Its Meaning

Devote Your Time To Your Family Not The Gifts
30

There came a certain point where Christmas only meant receiving many presents. Children are spoiled and always ask for the most expensive technology and toys they can get. The same is even with some teenagers and adults too. The last thing that matters about Christmas is receiving presents. What happened to us? First and foremost we should be celebrating the birth of Jesus. Coming from a very Catholic family, we always went to Christmas Eve mass. We never missed one service. My family always goes to mass every Sunday too. My dad taught me to give up my sufferings and pain up to the Lord. I will always in return give my respect to Jesus on his birthday.

Secondly, we should be thankful for all of our friends and family that we get to be with. See, I'm a firm believer in always being thankful. Thanksgiving shouldn't be the only day to be thankful just like Valentine's Day shouldn't be the only day you treat your special someone with beauty and love. You should treat them like a King or Queen every single day. You should also be thankful everyday for your family and friends. So on Christmas Eve and Christmas, thank your family for being with you. Tell them in person that you love them. You never know what will happen because life is so fragile.

Finally, stop ruining Thanksgiving by leaving to go early Black Friday shopping. It's honestly a disgrace to see people leave so early to get presents. Is your family that irrelevant in your life that you can't even spend the entire day with them? I couldn't care less about presents on Christmas or how much people spend on me. I'm glad I get to see my relatives that I hardly see. I'm glad that my brother, sister, and I get to all be together again and mess around. We love each other so much and there is never a dull moment. I'm thankful my mother bakes so much Christmas candy and my dad bickers about all the food and preparation we have to do. Just be thankful, people. Love life.

"...You will conceive and give birth to a son, and you are to call him Jesus. He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give him the throne of his father David, and he will reign over Jacob’s descendants forever; his kingdom will never end"- Luke 1: 31-33