15 Christmas-inspired Baby Names That I Love

Quarantine = extended baby-making vacations, apparently.

30
Photo by Paige Cody on Unsplash

With the stay-at-home orders due to the COVID-19 outbreak in March of this year, I find tons of folks (family, friends, and celebrities alike) used this time to...well, make babies. CONGRATS to you all!! Many will find themselves welcoming their bundles of joy during this current holiday season, or early next year. So, here's a list of names I think are perfect for all the impeding Christmas/New Year babies out there. <3

1. Estelle 

It literally means "Star." It's perfect when you think about the Bethlehem Star leading the wise men to the baby Jesus on the very first Christmas!

2. Noëlle

It's derived from the French name, Noel, which translates to "Christmas."

3. Meri

This is a cute, modern play on the name of Jesus Christ's mother, Mary.

4. Angelo

It's a variation of "Angel." Very Biblical and fitting for the true reason of the season, don't you think?

5. Claus

Santa Claus is perhaps the largest symbol of the holidays, so it might be the perfect name for a little one arriving near the 25th.

6. Gabriel

Gabriel was one of God's Archangels in the Bible., and it would be a nice name for your little angel here on earth. :)

7. Dorothy

8. Snowden

It's practically a more *festive* version of Aiden - you gotta love it.

9. Laurel

Wreaths made of Laurel leaves are an old Greek tradition used to indicate wealth, success, and honor. This would be a great name to celebrate a *successful* delivery, right?

10. Charlotte

Eh, not sure if it has any *Christmas* connections per se, but it still has a festive ring to it!

11. Eira

This cute, festive name (pronounced EYE-ra) means "snow" in Welsh. What's not to love?

12. Garland

Yes, this is the name for Christmas decor. But hear me out. Judy GARLAND. Isn't that a cute name? Sure it's a last name, but it would be just as cute as a middle name, too.

13. Icelyn

Icelyn is a Jamaican name and means "gift of God." Babies certainly are the best gift a person can receive, so it's super adorable for your new bundle of joy!

14. Lucia

This name is inspired by the Christian martyr, St. Lucia. This name is unique and super cute for all the baby girls born during the holiday season. Plus, it adds a great flair to more traditional names like Lucy or Lucille.

15. Clark 

Clark just sound *Christmassey* to me!