A Prayer In Times Of Affliction

A Prayer In Times Of Affliction

When the world is darkened, we must seek God.

528
A Prayer In Times Of Affliction
Harbour Fellowship

In such times of affliction, as the ones we have so recently endured, oh Lord, we know you wear not the expression of proud satisfaction, but one of great shame. We need Your light more than ever: the light only You have the power to produce.

We pray for You to eradicate the belief of those who regard violence and animosity as the ultimate panacea--the solution to remedy the disparities pervading our world. Never will hostility or hatred be the answer. It will always be the fluid exacerbating the fire. We ask for You to cleanse the hearts and minds of those erroneously led and governed by their own ill conjectures: their own truths derived not from above. We pray for the countless souls who have fallen victim to the belligerent, inhumane, and wicked acts permeating the last several years, months, weeks.

Our hearts are hurting. They do not go unscathed by the inexplicable. They do not go unmarred by that which we do not comprehend. In these tragedies, we persist relentlessly, unwilling to raise our white flags of surrender because of the great fear, anger, and bitterness dwelling inside. We must not, however, abandon the hope we have in You. Your ways are good and pure, and though we do not understand, we trust that Your plans are better than any of our own.

In ALL times, let us be kind to ALL people. Let us not allow for a hasty reaction veiled by our aching. You created each of us for a divine purpose. Let us be a people who see that no man possesses greater superiority in Your eyes. Show us the light of Your Mercy. Let us act only in ways that bring glory to Your kingdom. Let this inspire question in those who do not believe, and in the believers led astray. Let this inspire reflection upon callous wrongdoing. Perhaps, then, a paradigm shift might be attained by those abiding in the darkness.

Lead us in the path of Your commands, oh God. Direct and embolden Your people in these times of great adversity. Give us the strength we need to show the world who we live for. Give us the strength to continue to fight for the glory of Your kingdom, despite the rejection and disbelief of others. Give us the words to say to those who wrongly, yet emphatically assert that we endure this evil because of you, for we know that this is not the truth. Help us to right the wrongs of the corrupt. Give us a peace that transcends all of our understanding. Protect those who live to serve and ensure our safety. Protect those who go to work each day fearing they may never return home. Give them the strength to continue, and the courage to hold fast to their faith.

For one day you will be revealed to us, no longer obscured, and this is the day in which you will shine the truth into the eyes of those unable to see it.