Something that I have found myself doing year after year with my resolutions is making them too far fetched. Lose 30 pound has been at the top of my list for ehhh... the last three years, but without any steps to get there. This year, I am focusing on being a better example of the gospel. These are 20 of my mini-resolutions to help me grow closer to Christ in 2019. Join me. You may be the only exposure to the Jesus anyone ever has, we can't mess this up. We have a job to do.
Bite your tongue once a day instead of complaining
Replace negativity with positivity. It becomes habit to say "I'm tired," "I'm hungry," or "I'm cold," when we don't have anything else to say. Twenty-one days creates a habit, as the legend goes, so when you feel yourself about to complain without purpose, bite your tongue.
Find a blogger and do some light reading, if books aren't your thing
Many bloggers have a following because they relate to their readers, and they are current. Find someone you like, and go through life with them.
Promise yourself something and don't break it
It is the best feeling in the world. Give up soda for a month, and keep to it. I guarantee you will want to keep going.
Save 15 dollars from every pay check to spend on things that make you happy
One week it can go to that pair of shoes at target, or maybe you save for a few weeks to get your hair dyed. Treating yourself is necessary, and budgeting it in holds you and you target runs accountable.
Stop hating on Mondays.
Who said Mondays have to be bad days? Shift your mindset. Monday is the first day of a fresh week of productivity. Challenger yourself to something new each Monday, set goals for the week, or go to the gym to start off the week on a good foot.
Try wearing more color this year.
Buy the pink sweater, wear the yellow leggings to the gym. It will brighten up your mood, pinkie promise.
Drop the road rage.
Don't rush. Don't yell. Nothing is so important as your life, don't risk it. Instead, pray for safe travels for the person who cut you off. Replace the anger with peace.
Start biking or walking more
It puts fresh air in your lungs and lets you absorb the gifts He blessed us with.
Pray for the people who hurt your feelings each day
Ask God to take away the anger, replacing it with joy and peace. Pray that He helps them walk through whatever path of life they might be on, and whatever they might be going through. They might not have someone praying for them. Our God works in impossible ways.
Work to forgive the person you just can't seem to fully forgive
This might take all year, but it will be worth it.
Invest in a coffee maker and learn to make your own Starbucks
Save the money you would spend on coffee each day and put it towards visiting a new place next new year. Plus, making a macchiato is a good party trick.
Change your wallpaper on your phone each week, and challenge yourself to focus on those words that week
Pinterest has all the goods, or you can follow @FranciscanMedia on Instagram, and they post new ones every Wednesday on their story.
Pick a day of the week and text an old friend.
Check in on them, ask them how they are, what has been blessing them, what has been hard, and how you can pray for them. Sometimes people never get the opportunity to talk about themselves, and it feels good. Ask God to put a name on your heart, and reach out.
Wake up 10 minutes earlier than you need to
It will make all the difference in the world. Use those ten minutes to slow down, look out your window, prepare just a little more, or pray.
Read the Word.
Darnit, Just read it. Find a plan that works for you and stick to it. So much is hidden in the word and spending time with it is the only way to discover all it holds for us.
Buy yourself flowers
Kroger has a clearance flowers section, check it out.
Talk to cashiers
Talk to them and ask them how they are, when they work until, spark up a conversation, positivity and warmth radiate and it will spread beyond your conversation, guaranteed.
Learn to sit in His presence
More often than not, silence is beneficial. When we pause and sit in the quiet, we can hear His still small whisper, especially when our lives are screaming in color.
Work on responding, not reacting
Ask yourself if its really that big of a deal when faced with a situation that frustrates you
at yourself in the mirror, at a stranger, at the barista the cute boy in your Spanish class, at the end of your interview. You never know where it will take you. People remember Joy.
- 12 Resolutions To Add To Your New Year's Resolution List ›
- 2019 Will Be My Year Of Embracing My Worth And Pursuing Joy In ... ›
- Why I'm Not Making New Year's Resolutions ›
- What All Christians Should Understand ›
- I'm A Christian Girl Who Lost Her Virginity In A Frat House With A Lil ... ›
- 12 Bible Verses For The Bitter Hearts ›
- New Year's Resolutions That Aren't Doomed To Fail ›
- How To Actually Accomplish Your New Year's Resolutions In 2019 ›
- 8 Things To Give Or Give Up For Lent This Year ›
- New Years Resolutions for the Christian Millennial ›
- New Year's resolution: Christ going ahead - Christian Science ›
- New Year's Resolutions - Christian New Years ›
- 2 Thessalonians 1:11–12: New Year's Resolutions | Desiring God ›
- 5 Ways to Fulfill Your New Year's Resolutions...... | CT Women ... ›
- 5 Realistic New Year's Resolutions for Christians ›
- Should Christians make New Year's Resolutions? - YouTube ›
- 6 Steps For Christians To Keep Their New Year's Resolutions - City ... ›
- New Year's Resolutions for God's Glory, Not Our Own ›
- What sort of New Year's resolution should a Christian make? ›
- Looking for Christian New Year's Resolutions Ideas? Try these! ›