Choosing The Right Pool Heater
Travel

Choosing The Right Pool Heater

You want to be able to enjoy your pool whenever you desire. So it's essential that you have a pool heater. The process of buying on can be confusing if you don't know what you're doing. So let's look at three main types of pool heaters and helping you decide which best fits your needs.

7
Choosing The Right Pool Heater

You want to be able to enjoy your pool whenever you desire. So it's essential that you have a pool heater. The process of buying on can be confusing if you don't know what you're doing. So let's look at three main types of pool heaters and helping you decide which best fits your needs. For the best pool heaters click here.

Electric Pool Heat Pump

These heat pumps convert energy into heat and use electricity to move heat around. The water passes through the filter and pump making sure your pool is nice and warm. They also have one of the longest lifespans. So if you plan on investing in one, it would be a good idea.
These heat pumps are also the most affordable heating system option. They use less energy over long periods of time and have lower operating costs. Another interesting thing to know about these heat pumps, is that they're pretty easy to repair them yourself. And most heat pump parts are easy to order and install yourself compared to other heaters in the market. So that's a good thing to keep in mind if you're considering one of these.

Gas Pool Heater

These Heaters are fueled by natural or propane gas. They are more popular than any other pool heating options out there for many reasons. They have been around longer than any other heating system and they are also more powerful than any other heating system out there. Since they are more powerful that means they can maintain a warm water temperature in any weather, and are also faster to heat a pool.
These gas heaters use more energy which can be more expensive in the long run. So that's something you should think about, when deciding which you would wan to purchase. They also have a shorter lifespan compared to an electric heat pump or a solar heater because of the large amount of heat produced.

Solar Pool Heater

These eco-friendly heaters are better in sunnier places because they use the sun's energy to power the heater. The water is pumped through solar collectors to warm it. Unfortunately because they do need plenty of sunlight that makes it difficult to swim in a warm pool all year long. They also take longer to heat your pool depending on the amount of sunlight that day.
These solar heaters are a bit pricey, but over time it will save you lots of money with the amount of energy you save. They actually have a long lifespan like the electric heat pumps, if not longer. So with that being said a solar heater is a great option for someone who lives in the south.

If you're looking for something more powerful and something you can enjoy all year long, a gas heater is the one for you. But remember a gas heater is a bit more pricier in the long run. If you're looking for something that is not as powerful as a gas heater but can also save you a lot of money, you might consider an electric or solar heater.