Chipotle vs. Moe's

Chipotle vs. Moe's

There's an obvious winner

3191
Chipotle vs. Moe's

Two widely known Mexican fast food restaurants, spanning across the United States, are the brands: Chipotle and Moe’s Southwest Grill. Each brand has its own fan base of food-goers, all following borderline religiously. However, for those who just have a hankering for easy Mexican food, the facts need to be set straight, Chipotle is clearly superior when it comes to a Chipotle vs. Moe’s debate. To gauge the validity of this argument, comparisons will be made regarding: restaurant look, food quality/quantity/price, customer service and the precious guacamole.

Moe’s take on its interior, is quite basic. It has a modern style look with mustard colored walls, red tables, seats, and lights, and some contemporary art. Moe’s menu’s feature interesting takes on meal names too. But, it’s lacking the creativity and unique atmosphere that Chipotle provides. Chipotle has a hipster, ultra-modern vibe with its exposed metal contrasting to its wood laden walls. Each Chipotle is seemingly different but always holds a similar theme, all featuring Aztec looking metal sculpture that hang from its walls. Even the cups and bags that Chipotle uses for take-out have a creative spin by featuring different writers and artists monthly. Chipotle takes the win for overall restaurant look and atmosphere.

But, perhaps the most important argument should be in regards to the food. When it comes to burrito’s, Chipotle piles theirs high comparable to the weakling Moe’s calls its burrito. Although Chipotle’s burrito makes it more complicated to consume (due to its size), the quality of ingredients like chicken, rice, spices, salsa, cheese, etc. are more fresh. Moe’s is very much lacking in this area. Now on t comparing their burrito bowls. From first appearances, Chipotle wins again, Moe’s bowl looking like a salad you’d find at McDonalds. But, when comparing these two, the cost of Chipotle’s bowl is around 1-3 dollars more depending on the purchase of guacamole. Chipotle also wins in the size category once again. Because of the freshness of ingredients, size, and overall taste, Chipotle wins again. The one advantage Moe’s has over Chipotle’s food quality is the additional toppings, ingredients, salsas (sometimes free of charge depending on the order), and their famous queso. But, let’s clarify, Moe’s needs these additional items to even keep up with and compare to its competitor.

Now it comes down to the quality of their guacamole, and integral part to any Mexican meal. The guacamole at Chipotle is comparably smoother to the chunkiness of Moe’s guac. Chipotle also pairs their guacamole with chips made fresh daily. Moe’s flavors in their guacamole are too confusingly vibrant, almost as I they were trying too hard. Once again Chipotle’s product costs more and is larger in size, but when it comes to quality and worthiness of making a trip out for food, chipotle should be the go to.

The last point to be made is the customer service. Moe’s reviews frequently feature low stars and approval ratings often complaining about the quality and service of the food. Featuring complaints that say the cost isn’t worth it and that online orders are repeatedly made incorrectly. From personal experience, every time I’ve visited Moe’s the food has been served cold, therefore unappetizing. For Chipotle, 3 stars and up are seen more frequently. There does seem to be a regular complaint regarding the vicarious portion sizes that seemingly change from restaurant to restaurant and visit to visit. But again, from personal experience, I have not had an unenjoyable visit to Chipotle.

The ever-media-consuming argument over Chipotle vs. Moe’s needs to be put to rest. Between the ingredients, freshness, quality, restaurant appearance, size, customer reviews/service, and guacamole it cannot be argued that Moe’s was on top. Chipotle will forever reign supreme.