The New Season Of 'Chilling Adventures Of Sabrina' Has Been One Of Its Darkest And Most Action-Packed Yet

The new season might honestly be my favorite.

13577

If there was anything good about the final days of 2020, it was that the new (and FINAL) season of "Chilling Adventures of Sabrina" made its Netflix debut.

WARNING: POTENTIAL SPOILERS AHEAD

I'll be honest, I pretty much watched all eight 45-minute episodes within two days.

First, I am kinda sad that the show is now over and, more than likely, there won't be another season. That being said, it was still an actioned-pack and surprising with a twist to the end that left many questions. But overall, it was probably one of my favorite seasons yet.

The first episode pretty much starts off where we were left in season three, and the fact that there are now two Sabrinas, one who is the queen of Hell and the other who is seeingly living life as she did before seems to have no effect so far on the Universe.

This season's episodes were heavily based on H.P. Lovecraft and his Eldritch Terrors, which are cosmic horrors that in themselves alone are fairly scary. Of course, if you like horror and mysteries, (and anything Lovecraftian) this was definitely the season for you.

I think one of the overall things that somewhat surprised me, but made me overall happy was that Nick and Sabrine ended up being "end game", even if it was not in the way that was expected.

I also loved the expansion of Roz's character and her powers. The fact that she was technically a witch (and didn't know it), had to be one of my absolute favorite plot points/twists and I really wish it could have been expanded on a bit more, especially because she wasn't a "witch" int he same way that Sabrina was one.

I also liked that we saw Sabrina struggle with her identity a bit, especially when it came to her friends, I think that learning how to be her own friend for a while helped her character grow (even if it was literally another version of herself).

All in all, I would have still liked to possibly have seen a fifth season (maybe one that was focused on more of what happened after we see Sabrina and Nick in the Afterlife. Would her family try to figure out a way to get her back again? Would she even want to go back?