Children's Miracle Network And SAE At WVU

16

Fraternities care as much about giving back to the community as they do about who gets the last natty light in a 24-pack.

One fraternity, in particular, at West Virginia University has gone out of its way to provide a strong link between itself and Children’s Miracle Network, the national non-profit organization dedicated to raising money for children in dire need of a miracle.

The gamma chapter of Sigma Alpha Epsilon at West Virginia University has been raising money for Children’s Miracle Network since the founding of the fraternity nearly 10 years ago. The brothers of the fraternity take great pride in their connection with this organization, which becomes the centerpiece of all they do for one week during their annual philanthropy week. 

From prior experience, it is amazing watching just how happy a child can become by playing a game of catch, running through an obstacle course, or kicking a soccer ball with hundreds of people watching. All of these activities take place during the philanthropy week and, without fail, never cease to astonish anyone watching just how great it is to make a difference in the lives of these children. The aim of the entire event is to relieve some stress for a couple hours and let kids be kids, benefiting both the children and their families. 

A weeklong dedication to the children in need shows how influential and life-changing a group of college students can become. The event puts into perspective the necessities in life and just how blessed one can be just putting a smile on a child’s face. 

Through generous donations and excellent participation during their philanthropic events, SAE at WVU has raised thousands of dollars for this organization and looks to add even more this coming school year. Additional activities, beyond the annual philanthropy week, are also in place and will certainly show how life changing Greek life can be.