Childhood Memories We Won't Ever Forget
Life Stages

Childhood Memories We Won't Ever Forget

As we grow up we start to learn more and experience new situations, but we will never forget some memories we all had as children.

151
Childhood Memories We Won't Ever Forget
https://images.pexels.com/photos/164867/pexels-photo-164867.jpeg?auto=compress&cs=tinysrgb&dpr=2&h=750&w=1260

How many adults miss being a kid with no responsibilities or care in the world for anything, but having fun and making the most of our time as kids wishing we could be older. as much as I love college over the bad days in middle and high school I do miss the times as a kid outside of classes.

Being a kid was fun and we always dreamed of being able to drive, go places when we wanted, attend college, get jobs to make money, and so much more, but we did not realize what we used to be able to do that we cannot do now. I feel every kid had a neighborhood squad they would go outside with and hang out with until the street lights came on indicating it was time to go home. We would be out all day 7 days a week minus going to school and there was always fun activities to get into. We would play football, basketball, kickball, ride scooters and bikes, play board games and video games, and sometimes go to the local park. The days of having fun in a small town in your neighborhood is a memory you cannot forget.

Music in the 2000s was music that we will never forget because our childhood music had some songs that we could never forget and will always know the lyrics to. stars like Eminem, Jay Z, Lil Wayne, Usher, T-Pain, Flo Rida, and so many more had songs we knew the worlds too and got hyped when we heard them at school events and or cursing with our parents in their car to meet up with friends. These songs will always have a place in our memories and when we hear them come on the radio with our kids in the car they will think our music is weird just like we did when our parent's favorite songs came on.

Howe many kids remember having one of the old flip phones and texting T9 style or using the phones that had a slide up Keyboard and having to put your own faces because emojis did not exist yet. I remember having to worry about the number of minutes I had left for the month or how many texts I could send before it would charge my parents bill extra.

I know people remember using Skype because it is still used today, but who remembers using their iPod as a phone to play games and text their friends. People had to use apps like Whatsapp and Oovoo to be able to call, text, and video chat with their friends. Games like Temple Run, Fruit Ninja, and Clash Of Clans would be played by many kids at school during lunch and on the bus.

Movies and TV shows used to be much shorter than they are now and some we will forever miss. Shows like Drake and Josh, Cory in the House, Zack and Cody, Courage the cowardly dog, Tom and Jerry, and so many more funny cartoons. I even remember staying up late to watch Nick At Night where Fresh Prince of Bel Air, Full House, and George Lopez played. Movies like Shrek, Monsters Inc, The Incredibles, Nemo, Cars, and so many old school movies we still watch today.

I remember so many long nights where I stayed up until 3-4 playing Xbox with my friends and playing games that people miss playing today like Black Ops 1, Modern Warfare 2, Halo Reach, Halo 3, and so many more. Friends would stay up chatting together about all kinds of hobbies while playing their favorite games.

Lastly, how can we forget going to the local skating rink or bowling alley on a Friday or Saturday night to hang out with our friends and have fun after the long annoying weeks of school? We used to go to Chuck E Cheese to play Ski ball and racing games of all sorts. We used to love going to local carnivals and fairs with our friends to ride the rides and overplay the games with our parent's money for prizes that were not worth it.

My childhood will forever be in my memories and I had so many fun adventures and moments with my family and friends that I will always cherish. I hope to one day make memories with my kids, but I feel the memories we had back in the day are so different than kids have now that they will miss out on some really fun activities due to the evolution of the world and technology.