Cheers To College

Cheers To College

A four-year adventure!

39
Cheers To College
The Odyssey Online

When I first started college, I was a nervous wreck. Will I fit in? Will I make friends? Will I pass my classes? I didn't know at the time, but the answer to all three questions would have the same answer: yes. My first year at school has been one of the best of my life. Everyday, I was surrounded by love and kind faces. I never knew that this much fun and excitement could go on in such a small little city in Arkansas. Each day, I knew that choosing the university that I did was one of the best decisions I have ever made.

College is like a four-year sleepover with your best friends. You find yourself doing things you never thought you would do (or have to do, I might add), like 1 am trips to Walmart or eating mashed potatoes with a straw (it happened, ok). All the all-nighters and the finals are totally worth it in the end because of how much fun you're having. Everything seems to be a little funnier when you're sleep deprived.

College is where you meet your best friends for life. I have met some amazing girls this year that I would not trade for the world. This is the place where you meet people who are like you and accept you for you. I am very fortunate and blessed with the little friend group I have picked up along the way! Your friends make all the mental torture worth it because you're all in it together (cue High School Musical).

As my first year of college has come to a close, I have learned very valuable lessons. One: your mother is one of the best friends you can have, and calling her everyday for advice is not a bad idea. Two: cherish the little moments because those will be the ones that will last forever. And three: there are people out there who are just like you, you just have to make the effort to look for them. College is a place to grow and discover yourself, and each and everyday holds the key to a new adventure. Laughing through the day makes the tough times better and the good times sweeter, and this once "nervous wreck" of a girl can't wait to continue her journey through college!