check your heart john crist

If You Haven’t Heard Of John Crist, You Need To Check Your Heart

It's time to get baptized in sweet tea.

96

He's all over the internet. 1 million followers on Instagram, almost 2 million followers on Facebook, nearly 200k followers on Twitter, and over 82 million views on YouTube, John Crist is a familiar face in the world of comedy. If you haven't heard of him, you've been living under a rock. John is known for his trademarked phrases like "Check Your Heart", "I Ain't Praying For That", and " For Sure No." Go check out his merch at johncristcomedy.com and buy yourself something. Then, go to one of his shows and prepare to leave with your cheeks and abs hurting from laughing so much.

John loves to connect with his fans. From t-shirt contests to picking on random people in the audience, John knows how to have a good time and make people feel like they're a part of the show. I remember at one of his shows I attended a while back, he told the story of a woman with cancer who would lay in her hospital bed and watch his comedy videos. She sent him a message to let him know that his videos helped her forget the pain of the cancer. She felt free and like she could just enjoy life for a little bit. That's the type of comedian that is worth watching and laughing with.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bv7vTxenZd_/

John is also known for hilariously quoting Bible verses in several of his videos. His "Lady who has a Bible verse for Every Situation" video has over 2 million views! Why is he always on tour and always posting incredibly long Instagram stories? Because his fans love his commentary! When you're funny, people want you to post stuff. When you post funny stuff, people follow you because they want to keep seeing your funny stuff. If your funny stuff focuses on the everyday things that most of us don't give a second thought, you'll connect with a huge audience. John found that sweet spot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzEL4h1vq7o

Another thing that John is really good at is making people go "Yeah, that is a good point." His recent post about Justin Bieber and Ed Sheeran's song "I Don't Care" is SO TRUE. If the Biebs and Ed don't fit in, why do the rest of us even try? Thank you, John for pointing that out. We're glad you feel the same way we do.

https://www.instagram.com/p/By3WvRGHuf5/

John is basically a child in a grown man's body. He's so relatable to his audience because he does a good amount of his shows in churches, making fun of the weird stuff Christians say and do. It's good, clean fun and a blast to actually be there in the audience. If you're lucky, you'll be one of the people John picks on during the show. Just remember to check your heart before showing up. If you don't, for sure no you will not have a good time.

https://www.instagram.com/p/By8jg2mnOz8/