check on your strong friends

In lieu of recent events, the world has proven to be a little more stressful and becomes a little smaller every day. And this is unfortunate. The world lost a couple of great people very recently, and a lot of people are mourning such a loss.

And the million dollar question still stands: Why did they do it?

For the most part, and by the most part I mean overall, it really isn't any of our business. There are some questions that just are unnecessary to answer. But I think that it is so frustrating to see that someone who seemed to have it all really wasn't that happy at the end of the day.

I think that this serves as a lesson to us all to not let being better friends die off as a distant idea that once was. I think, if anything, this serves as a constant and consistent reminder that the world is a little harsher than we realize. And that it's our responsibility to make it a little brighter in spite of all of it crashing down around us.

Also, let the events of our present day society reflect our needs as individuals. It's not about hurt feelings anymore. It's just about common courtesy.

This also means that there is no time like the present to be a good friend. And sometimes that's all it takes. It takes one good person to check in on another to just make sure things are going alright. This means checking in on the friends who look like they have it all together or look like they've got it all and can do it all.

Look, we can all agree that this whole perfection stigma is slightly overrated and the equally way overbearing belief that we have it all together when we really don't is just problematic. There's really no other way to put it.

Likewise, your friends aren't always going to want to reach out. And I think that we need to acknowledge that as just another reason to check in once in awhile.

Not everyone is on the brink of losing it or on the way to something tragic, but we should at least focus on the wellbeing of the people we love before we don't get a chance to love them anymore.