To The Cheating Sociopath That I Loved

To The Cheating Sociopath That I Loved

Because I was desperate and didn't know what love was.

2326
To The Cheating Sociopath That I Loved
pxhere

It's all true, what they say. If he cheats with you, he'll cheat on you.

Do you remember where our story began? I wish I didn't. I wish I'd stayed home that day.

We met on a freezing cold night in downtown Boston. There was such an instant attraction between us, it took me by surprise.

I think it did the same for you.

We didn't talk a whole lot that night, but we couldn't stop smiling at one another and blushing when we got caught. Imagine my disappointment when, later, I found out you had a girlfriend.

Although, I could totally understand why - you had it all. Looks, charm, humor, great taste in music, intelligence. I thought, "His girlfriend is a lucky girl." And I went about my business.

I didn't expect things to go any further than that. So I was shocked, to say the least when I got a text from you the next day.

"How'd you even get my number?"

"I may have gone through (mutual friend)'s phone just to find it."

I was so intrigued by you.

We talked all day, every day.

You were so flirtatious and alluring, but I knew you had a girlfriend, so I kept my distance.

Then, I got the snap.

"When you finally get your bitch of a gf to go on a 'break'! I'M FREE"

You told me that, and that was it.

The pictures and texts flew between us like electric sparks; it didn't take long before you were mine, and I was yours, too.

The next time we saw each other, there was no stopping us.

But while you thought I was asleep that night, I saw her snap you "happy 8 months babe" with a bunch of hearts.

And the day after that snap, you sent me a screenshot of you two arguing. Because you told her you slept in the same bed as me.

But you also told her that nothing happened between us. Looking back, this should've been such a gigantic red flag slapping me in the face.

I was not about to be your side piece.

And you were with that, too.

You always told me that I was the "wifey type."

So, eventually, you did toss your old girlfriend to the side, and you made me your new one. Facebook official and everything. We had a lovely little relationship, didn't we?

We did all sorts of things together. We had a lot of fun together in that first couple of months. I was so in love with you.

You told me that we'd move out together.

Get our own place.

Start a new life together because I was all you needed.

I would've moved heaven and earth for you.

But all you 'moved' were the secret texts between you and your ex-girlfriend from your inbox to your trash.

"I'm with you now. She's a nasty lying hoe. She's a child. You're a woman - loyal and beautiful. I love you, Bec."

You lied so easily.

You took pride in that.

Once I found out about your slimy adventures with your ex and the rest of the sluts in the town, we broke up - and you ran right back to her again because she took you back.

Though, I wonder... would she have taken you back if she heard all of the things you said to me about her, or if she knew how many girls you really dipped your dick into.

Because it wasn't just her and I, was it?

You loved blaming other people for the problems inside of you, and you loved throwing names at people.

But truthfully, you are the one who's a sociopath.

You don't give a damn about anyone else's feelings. You don't care who you hurt. Lies fall out of your mouth quicker than the BBs that fall out of your fake gun (that you try to convince everyone is real). The truth is, you're nothing but a fake ass thug who loves breaking the law and hurting people for no reason.

You hurt and used your ex just as bad as you hurt and used me. Probably even more so, because she gave you two or three years of her life. Her prime. I was already 19, but she was only, like, 15.

Barely in high school.

That's a really fucked up thing to do to a little girl. Back when this all happened, I despised her.

But now, I pray for her. I truly hope that you and your pathetic narcissistic self didn't fuck her up so badly that she will never be able to know what a healthy relationship feels like.

So what about me?

I was hurt for a very long time afterward. I watched helplessly as all the plans we made for our future dissipated into nothing. I replayed your countless lies in my head. Every "I love you" that you probably texted me while you were on top of someone else.

There aren't many people that just brush that off.

Except you. Sociopath.

But the good thing about me is that you didn't fuck me up for life.

I rebuilt everything inside me that you broke. My confidence. My ability to trust. It was shattered because of you, but now, I'm much stronger than the weak girl who fell for you.

God blessed me by taking your sorry ass away from me. I'm doing so much better now, at my dream college, working a better job than you'll ever get. And I'm with a man who actually respects and loves me. One who wouldn't break my trust for anything. And he's so much cuter than you, too.

If I met you now, I wouldn't even give you a second fucking glance.

You aren't worth a second of my time.

Thank you for indirectly putting me on the path to a much better life by cheating on me.

And also, fuck you