10 Cheap Things To Do On The Weekend If You're A Broke College Student

Having fun doesn't have to cost money.

1077
Google

It's not a secret that most, if not all college kids have no money. After all, we are attending school at a time where tuition and fees are more than $40,000 a year. And, now that we're taking five classes during the week, and have to balance coursework and extracurriculars, there's not much time for us to have jobs on campus. And, if you're a freshman who can't have a car on campus, getting a job off campus is nearly impossible. So, if you have essentially no income, and still want to have fun on the weekends, what are you expected to do? You can't afford to go to the movies, out to eat, or to the mall every weekend. But, luckily, there are other ways to have fun and things to do on the weekend that are either free or very inexpensive. Here's a list of ten cheap things to do on the weekend if you're a broke college student:

1. Movie marathon

You don't necessarily have to go to the movie theater to see a movie. Get together with some friends, and watch a movie in one of your rooms.

2. Go hiking

Going to school in the Hudson Valley means being close to so many different hiking trails. Not only are the views beautiful, but they're free to go on.

3. Get ahead on homework

That way, when you do have money, you don't have to worry about not having the time to do something on the weekend.

4. Attend sporting events

Most schools have sporting events on the weekends, whether it be for the soccer team or the lacrosse team. They're a great place to get together with your friends and show your school spirit.

5. Spa night

Even though all girls love going to the nail salon to get their nails done, it's more fun to have a spa night with your friends. Paint your nails and put on face masks, it's almost the same as the salon.

6. Attend campus events (such as bingo, make your own aquarium, coffee nights, etc.)

Bingo is a huge thing on college campuses. Try your luck, maybe you'll end up taking home a prize.

7. Go apple or pumpkin picking

Especially during the fall, this is the perfect thing to do.

8. Family dinner

Chip a few dollars in with your friends and order take-out, or go to the grocery store and buy food to make in the kitchen. It's inexpensive, and a lot of fun!

9. Start a new Netflix show

Try something you've never seen before, and get hooked on it with your friends. That way, you'll want to keep watching it every weekend.

10. Explore the area

Most students are not familiar with the area they go to school in, especially if they're not from the same state. Find out what is near your school, then you'll have something to do in the upcoming weekends.