15 Cheap And Fun Summer Activities That Are Sure To Keep You Busy

Summer is too short - do not waste any time not making it the best summer ever!

227
Ethan Robertson

It is easy to sit around and do nothing. Let's face it, most of us just finished nine months of school and we have had enough. It's time for some downtime...just kidding! There are only three months of summer vacation and I am here to tell you that we are not going to spend it all laying around on the couch eating Takis. There are so many easy, fun, activities that you can do alone or with friends. Almost all of them you can do on a budget which is even better! I am going to be giving you 15 fun, summer activities that you can put on your "To Do List" this summer.

1. Take a trip to the city closest to you

There are so many things to do in the city like going on a shopping spree, going to lunch with your best friends, or even just simply walking around taking everything in.

2. Go to an amusement park

Who doesn't like a good stomach-dropping rollercoaster ride? I know I do! If you do not like roller-coasters, play some games and win yourself a prize!

3. Visit a museum

Your visit might not be as exciting as "Night At The Museum", but it is what you make of it, so do your best! Museums offer so many great things.

4. Grab some friends and head to the beach

I know I love the beach, even if it is just North Avenue Beach in Chicago...it is still a beach! Pack up a cooler with your favorite snacks and drinks and be on your way!

5. Go on a picnic

Picnic = food. Food = happiness. Need I say more?

6. Grab a camera and have yourself a photoshoot

I personally love being behind the camera but sometimes it is nice to show off a new outfit! You do not have to have a nice camera, your iPhone works just as great! Grab your gals and find a cool spot to shoot!

7. Start a water balloon fight

I do not remember the last time I was in a water balloon fight but I can tell you that it is the FIRST task on my "To Do List" this summer.

8. Go to a drive-in movie

In my opinion, Drive-In Movies are the best things ever invented. You just need a car and your own snacks from the gas station! Talk about CHEAP.

9. Go camping

I know some of us do not like the outdoors, but you don't need to be in the forest, you can simply go camping in your backyard. Grab some hot dogs and s'mores, start a fire, get under some blankets and make some memories!

10. Go miniature golfing

Now, I know this might break your heart, but there are usually not dogs at miniature golf places. Miniature golf is such a fun way to pass time with anyone who keeps you company.

11. Go to the zoo

The zoo is another fun activity you can do to have a full day of fun. Yes, it may be a little smelly, but hey, animals are super and you cannot pass up staring at them for as long as your heart desires!

12. Go on a hike

You will NEVER catch me running up a hill like this but it is the thought that counts...right? Going on a hike is a great alternative to the gym if you love staying fit. Always remember to STAY HYDRATED!

13. Make your own car wash

I remember putting together car washes when I was a kid and I was always the one looking to spray people with the hose. Having your own carwash saves you money and can also bring in some money if you ask people if they need a wash!

14. Take a road trip

Taking a road trip can be super fun with friends and also can be really cheap too! Split up the gas money, share some snacks, switch off driving, find a destination and you have yourself a road trip! Nothing is more fun than driving with your best friends, blasting old hit songs, and singing at the top of your lungs!

15. Binge watch a Netflix series

Did you think I was going to make you go out every day without having some kind of lazy, fun activity? I have never met one person that doesn't love binge watching shows! Here is your time to shine...you get to lay down and be lazy. You deserve it!

Now that you have a summer full of activities, I hope you make the most of it! Summer goes by really fast and before you know it, you will be back to nine more months of school. Make this summer your best one yet, memories last forever!