Cheap Date Ideas For Valentine's Day

Cheap Date Ideas For Valentine's Day

Check out these 7 easy-to-plan and cheap date ideas for you and your valentine!

56
Cheap Date Ideas For Valentine's Day

You can't buy love - but all these cute date ideas are totally affordable and you will still have a great time with your significant other, best friends, or a night out by yourself!

1. Make your own dinner / dessert at home

If you want to have a romantic, fancy date but don't have the money to go out, look up your favorite recipes and make it yourself right at home! Try looking at any of these 40 recipes from Country Living, like the chicken pesto pasta, steak with tarragon mushrooms, garlic scallop spaghetti with bacon, or roasted vegetable mac n' cheese. Then end the night with a yummy dessert (try making tiramisu or brownie sundaes)!

2. Spa / relaxation night

Sometimes you don't need a romantic night out. After a busy week, its nice to take time to unwind, relax, light some candles, and snuggle up with some Hershey's Kisses in nothing but a bathrobe. Try making homemade face masks (this one is even edible!), foot soaks, detox smoothies, and give each other massages. Cuddle under some blankets and binge watch Netflix TV shows - you deserve to chill!

3. Karaoke

If you feel like having a wild night out, grab your partner or some friends and hit a Karaoke bar! They have it at restaurants (if you are not 21), and it's a fun and exciting way to embarrass yourself while having a blast.

4. Sledding / play in snow

With all the snow we just got, it should not be too difficult to find a place to play! Go sledding, have a snowball fight, and just fool around. You can warm up inside after with hot chocolate by a fire (and by snugglin' a lot).

5. Museum

One of the great things about being a student is FREE ACCESS to a bunch of museums around you! It's a perfect date if you feel like getting dressed up, holding hands, and looking at beautiful art, science, or history. (Romantic tip: take pictures in front of the art and kiss when no one is looking).

6. Build a fort, make snacks, watch rom-coms

It's the best way to stay in - bury yourself under heaps and heaps of blankets, snack on homemade cookies and desserts, and watch marathons of classic romantic comedies. You can relax, get cuddly, and enjoy time spent with the person or people around you.

7. Make Valentines cards for children in hospitals

Not everyone gets to go out and enjoy their Valentine's day -- show your kindness and love by making homemade Valentines cards for kids and patients in hospitals. Draw funny pictures and add cute stickers. It's a great way to give back on this holiday; everyone deserves to feel loved on Valentine's Day (you can make them for your police department, fire department, local retirement home, and even for people around you who you feel need some extra lovin').