5 Cheap But Cute DIY Christmas Gift Ideas

You do not need to spend a lot of money to make someone smile.
183

We all know that Christmas is around the corner but if you are like me and are a poor college student, you might not be able to get extravagant gifts. Here is the thing, the gifts do not need to be expensive to be extravagant! You can hack the shopping system to buy reasonably priced gifts, or maybe even cheap gifts and pair them together to create something cute and homemade. No, you do not need to wait for Black Friday to find cheap gifts, so if you did not go Black Friday shopping, do not fret! Do you need some ideas? Well, look no further.

1. A $10 - $15 gift card to their favorite coffee shop.

People always appreciate a gift card to their favorite coffee shop no matter how much is on the gift card. You could even pair the gift card with a cute, little candle or a Christmas card so you can write a note to them!

2. A mug, fuzzy socks, hot cocoa, and their favorite candy.

This is a good gift idea if you and your friends are doing a white elephant or secret Santa! You can never go wrong with buying your girlfriends a pair of fuzzy socks and a mug, be use if they are like me, they are obsessed with both! Paired with hot chocolate and candy, the person receiving the gift could easily pop in a movie and enjoy her night.

3. Slippers filled with bath and beauty products.

Buy a pair of slippers and go to the dollar store and buy lotion, chapstick, nail polish, a nail file, and anything else you want to add, and this gift becomes a personalized "spa day" gift. Plus, now the person you're giving it to has a new pair of slippers! Who doesn't like slippers?

4. A candle, hot chocolate, and a movie.

This gift, just like gift item 2 above, is the perfect gift to give someone for a relaxing night. Figure out what their favorite movies are, pick out a candle, some hot chocolate or coffee, and there you go! You could even add homemade cookies or other goodies and just put them in a cute little basket.

5. A mason jar, and letters.

This one is a great idea if you have a significant other. Speaking from personal experience, I made my boyfriend a long-distance mason jar and he loved it. You can customize it specifically to your relationship, for example, I put a superhero category for the one I made, which makes this DIY gift so great and appreciable.

Gifts do not need to be expensive to be appreciable, especially if you took the time to make it yourself. Money does not always equal quality; it is the thought that counts. I can guarantee that any of the gifts listed above will make anybody smile and that is what matters.