Chatting with the Iron Boy Himself Arthur Bozikas

Arthur Bozikas has penned a memoir that is heart-breaking and gutsy, as well as being full of hope and gratitude. This book is guaranteed to lift up readers and have them believing in the resilience and transcendence of the human spirit, making it a must read for years to come.

95767
Arthur Bozikas

When reaching adolescence, most teenagers want more freedom, independence and control in their lives. For Arthur, it was the opposite, as he discovered that his lifespan would only last up to adulthood. After becoming an adult, Arthur was waiting for his death. It was at the eleventh hour, at the age of twenty-one, when Arthur was introduced to a miracle treatment, but only after the damage of iron overload from all the blood transfusion was done to his body.

Grateful to be given a chance to survive for a few more years, Arthur decided to do something with his life; to get married, buy a house and also to have children, knowing he had no prospect of any future for himself. At the age of sixty, Arthur and his wife Helen celebrated their thirty-five-year marriage anniversary.

Recently we caught up with Bozikas so we could learn more about this amazing human and very talented writer.

Why was you story Iron Boy one that you felt you needed to share with the world?

I promised myself if I made it to the age of 40 years old, I would put it all down in writing. I didn't know it will take me another twenty years to do it?

When reading Iron Boy, the book struck me as a story on struggle, but more so about survival and endurance. How has that challenges you faced growing up helped shape you as an individual today especially as it pertains to business and entrepreneurship?

This is the first of its kind worldwide, from the prospective of a patients' point of view and not from a specialist or doctor. I wish I had something like Iron Boy when I was young and very afraid of my prospects! As a professional CEO for over twenty years, the challenges in business is that you need to equip yourself with the right information or you are dead in the water! People with my condition now do have my book to prepare for the future because there is one and it's up to the individual to believe!

Being married for 35 years is a huge accomplishment, what is the secret to your success that you can share with younger couples looking to hopefully have the same success in their marriages?

I think if both couples feel like they can't wait to share a new idea with one another or are not prepared to go anywhere without their partner by their side, then this is the only secret that any younger couples must desire for a successful marriage! These two examples will resolve all arguments that every couples get into a marriage too or later!

From a life lesson perspective what are some of the key points that you hope others can take away from your story 'Iron Boy' and even more so what is something that you hope you leave behind to your children that you hope they can apply to their own lives?

My children have been raised to see the person, and not the disability, that they have. I would like for a life lesson that the world can refer to us as "people first" regardless the disability one has. People with a disability and not disabled people…always put "people" first. See the person and not the disability!

How do you feel now? How is life after the 'miracle' treatment and is there any message that you would like to share with others who are struggling with the same challenges that you faced but that you are also facing here today?

I feel very grateful and life is wonderful for me and my family. Although health issue will continue to always be a big issue for me, I will deal with them each one at a time. The important thing is that young people worldwide with my condition can inspire others to do great things would something I would love to inspire!

To find out Arthur Bozikas and 'Iron Boy' head on over to

Amazon.