5 Characters That Sell Suicide Squad

5 Characters That Sell Suicide Squad

"We're bad guys, it's what we do."

23
5 Characters That Sell Suicide Squad
Fist In The Air

Over this past weekend, my friend and I went to see the new DC Comics movie, "Suicide Squad." After the film's release, I heard many reviews claiming that the movie was "mediocre." After watching the trailer, I was immediately hyped for this movie. I could not accept that anything about this movie would be mediocre, but I had to see it for myself. Let me tell you, it was far from mediocre!

From the very second of the movie, I was hooked. From Deadshot's comedy to Harley Quinn's smoking-hot body, it was all fantastic! The characters are what really make the movie. I'm about to do some major spoilers, so if you haven't seen the movie and plan on seeing it, sorry! Also, I'm not doing a synopsis, but here is one attached.

1. Dead Shot

Will Smith portrays the character Deadshot. He is a hired assassin who has an uncanny aim with any gun. He literally never misses a shot. His one weakness is his young daughter who he cherishes more than anything else in the world. He's technically a villain, but really a good guy. He just likes the money, a lot, and with that money he's able to take care of his daughter.

Smith did a great job at getting the whole "bad guy with a heart" thing down packed. He was hysterical with moments of comedy and really got you to sympathize with his character during Father/Daughter moments that he shared with his daughter and Harley Quinn. Almost brought a tear to my eye.

2. Amanda Waller.

This bad-ass bitch is played by the fabulous Viola Davis. Waller is a stone-cold U.S. intelligence officer who wants to bring together a team of bad guys to replace Super Man. Since they're the bad guys, she can throw them under the bus or kill them if the plan fails. The woman is heartless.

Davis sold that role for all it was worth. The whole time you're watching her, you just want someone to kill her, you will hate her character. She is even more evil than the actual villains. Davis really got you to hate her character with a passion.

3. El Diablo.

Actor Jay Hernandez plays a Hispanic gang-banger with pyro-kinetic powers. In his early life, he used this to became a gang lord on the streets and became very powerful. However, one night, he became enraged and lost control of himself causing him to burn down his house, thus killing his entire family. After that, he vowed to never use his powers again.

Diablo is genuinely a good guy, but, like Dead Shot, was corrupted by power and greed. Jay Hernandez takes you from believing that this guy is just another asshole, gang member, but as his story develops, you really start to feel for the guy. He accidentally kills his entire family and is left utterly destroyed by the events. Finally, crushing the audience by sacrificing himself to save his friends in the end. This was an actual tear jerker.

4. Harley Quinn.

Oh my Jesus lawd, Margot Robbie slayed this performance. She was sexy, provocative, hilarious, loving, insane (utterly insane), manipulative and caring. Her performance of Harley Quinn was phenomenal. Harley Quinn, who was originally Dr. Harleen Quinzel, the psychiatrist assigned to the Joker. Ultimately, Quinzel, who is just a little bit of a sociopath, falls in love with the Joker and helps him escape. During the escape, the Joker attacks her with an electroshock therapy machine and fries her brain, thus making her a total sociopath. They then become the King and Queen of crime in Gotham City.

For a large portion of the movie, you forget that Robbie is not actually Quinn; it all gets very confusing from there. I was actually convinced that I was watching a literal sociopath on the screen. Robbie sold the part so well that there really wasn't any way to distinguish between acting and reality. She was marvelously insane, even though they over-sexualized her character to an extreme, but, hey, flaunt what you got...

5. The Joker.

This was my favorite performance out of the entire movie. Heath Ledger will always be my favorite Joker; I have to make that clear, however, Jared Leto was absolutely terrifying. The Joker isn't one of the main roles in the movie, but he did leave a lasting impact. I was very skeptical about Leto being cast as the Joker. I did not think that he could ever do as good of a job as Ledger, but he was fantastic in his own right.

He was terrifying. Completely and totally terrifying. Leto's portrayal of the character made you very nervous and squeamish. From his appearance to how his movements reminded you of a snake almost. He came off as dangerous and unpredictable. I think that is exactly how the Joker should be played. He is a mad man. A total lunatic. He should be unpredictable.

Like myself, before you form an opinion on the movie, go see the movie for yourself. Try to keep an open-mind, and don't base it too much off of the comic books (Really is the movie ever the same as the book? NO!) It was a fantastic movie. It was exhilarating, hilarious and suspenseful. Totally worth seeing! Take my word for it.