Changing In College Can Be A Good Thing

Changing In College Can Be A Good Thing

It's all about growing up and that's what I'm doing.

264
Changing In College Can Be A Good Thing

As a college student I am faced with many obstacles throughout the day and a lot of peer pressure. Many people think teenagers will go off to college and be different. In some ways, yes, college students do change. I am writing today about how I have changed, but it is certainly not into the non-caring college student. I have noticed a difference in myself, and I am genuinely happy about the change.

As a freshman many things occur in college. The awful struggle of having to make more friends, getting use to a hectic schedule, and trying to have a social life. Being in college away from home is totally different than being at home and in high school. Being in a town surrounded by college kids gives a very different vibe. There are parties, there is alcohol, and there are drugs. Unfortunately, many students turn down the path of destruction and head right for those bad things. I’m not saying I will never make a mistake while of at college, but I do say that I plan to never touch anything like those.

Now you guys must be wondering, if I haven’t changed in such a way, how have I changed? I have changed in ways that I find better for myself. With college comes drama. I have learned how to finally stick up for myself. I have been determined to no longer let people walk all over me for their enjoyment. Being off at college is teaching me to “fend for myself”. I must surround by people that would like to be by friend, but I am also surrounded people that care about me so much, and it is up to me to surround myself with the right people.

I have already seen a change in my faith while here at school. When first moving in I was determined to find a church while here at school. I have been lucky and found one that I enjoy very much. Throughout the weeks things can seem to drag on, but I remember that there is a purpose for it all. God has placed me in school so I may succeed further on in life and I must trust him for that.

My overall drive has totally changed since being at school. I have become determined to work hard for my grades and get my stuff together. To become a teacher, I have realized I need to stay focused on school work and nothing more.

Through the many joys of college, it is okay to change and be different than how you were back home and back at high school. Life is about changing and learning to make your own decisions. It is all a part of growing up and that is what I’m doing.