5 Changes Every College Kid Feeling Stuck Needs To Make This Year

1. Design A Better Morning Routine

Your morning routine sets the tone for your day, so why not start each morning feeling your best? Whether it's waking for school or for work, we tend to press the SNOOZE button and we continue sleeping. Then when we wake up, thinking it was 5 minutes later, it really turned out to be 2 hours later. Then, we are late and start becoming irresponsible. Benjamin Hardy once said, “Waking up early, and developing a strategic routine can transform you into a very intelligent, spiritual, organized and successful person within a relatively short period of time (approx 1-10 yrs)."

2. Travel To New Places

When you've been in one place for too long, your brain is comfortable with that environment, so you slip into autopilot much easier. When everything is brand new, you're alert, you're amazing, you're in awe – it's life-changing. Stay in the US or go out of the country. Explore, be adventurous. Be open-minded, take risks because we won't be young forever. Even if it's being on a plane for the first time to sky diving. Riding a bull or maybe not. It can be as small as getting on a train with strangers as big as shark diving. Be yourself and enjoy life.

3. Focus On Your Health

Eat more fruits and veggies, healthy grains, and nuts. Eat less processed foods, junk foods, refined sugar, and meat. Don't worry about being perfect. Ease into your new diet at your own pace. Start by eating healthy, going to the gym, or even doing 10 setups in your room is a good start. Start nice and easy, don't rush into a thing, everything takes time.

4. Cut Out One Bad Habit

Pick one bad habit that negatively impacts you and holds you back from who you want to be. Unravel your identity with that habit, and then choose a new identity that doesn't include that habit. Maybe you have that habit of chewing your nails when you get nervous or bite your lip. Twirl your hair, when you are near your crush. It can be a simple habit as to stop skipping breakfast, which is the most important meal of the day. Or even overeating, like a snack in the middle of the night. A big habit could be complaining of everything. There must be at least one habit that you may start thinking of stopping in this new year.

5. Start Investing Instead Of Spending

Have you been wanting to save money but you keep spending on the things you don't need? Have you been broke back in 2019? This new year start getting rich well, starting saving money. Start saving for your girlfriend, for a new BMW or Ferrari. For a new home but mostly for yourself. Start making the change for yourself first. Start investing $10 into an envelope, shoebox, a small safe, or even that legendary bank of first resort, the cookie jar.