Stop Giving People Crap For Changing Their Hair During Isolation

It's really not that deep.

12
Photo by Luis Quintero from Pexels

We are living in a really strange time right now and there's a lot of uncertainty due to the massive number of things we cannot control. When we feel out of control, we like to turn to deciding to change something that is in our own hands. This could mean reorganizing your house or room, lots of cleaning, exercise, or changing your look which is typically accomplished through a hair change.

A common theme with all of these changes is that they are all temporary and can be reversed if you so choose. A lot of people have been cutting and coloring their own hair (most against the wishes of their hairdressers), and I have been LOVING watching the transformations. People often seem a lot happier after the fact because this change has been something they have wanted to do but weren't sure how people would react. However, it doesn't go so great for everyone. But here's the great thing about hair: IT GROWS BACK! No matter what you do to your hair, it will grow back the way it was before. It might not happen fast, but it will happen.

If you have some idea of what you want and what you're doing, go for it. It might become your new go-to look that you never knew you'd love so much. Personally, I have always loved having colors in my hair, and until now it had been two long years of natural hair color. Before quarantine started, I decided I REALLY wanted to have half of my hair purple. So, I went to the beauty supply store, got what I needed, and dyed my hair. I have loved my purple hair so much that I think it's going to be sticking around for a while. And not everyone loved it, but that's OKAY! It's my hair, no one has to live with it but me.

What I'm saying is you only live once. So, change your hair. I would suggest watching some hairdressers on YouTube first though, and don't do anything if you aren't sure if it'll turn out wearable. The worst that'll happen is you'll mess up or really hate it, but lucky for you we're still on isolation for a little bit. And you can give your hairdresser some business when they're allowed to work again.