26 Spontaneous Things You Can Do When You Feel Like You're Moving In Circles

Everyone needs a change sometimes.

101
Kaleido-dp

Sometimes when I feel down in the dumps for no reason at all, I just need to change something about my life. I'm one of those people who LOVES change and I always get the feeling to change randomly. Most of my life changes are spontaneous (which might not be the best thing, but life is too short to hesitate). I can't spend time mulling over whether or not to chop all my hair off or I'll chicken out.

If you're someone like me who needs a change in their life but can't figure out what to change, this list is for you.

1. Chop your hair off

Get a haircut, dye your hair, shave part or all of it or all of the above.

2. Get extensions

You don't just have to cut it to change your hair.

3. Get a tattoo or piercing

Get a second or third hole in your ear. Or if you're feeling really dangerous, go for body piercings!

4. Adopt a pet

Make sure you can take care of the said pet. It doesn't have to be a dog or cat, but maybe a fish or a little bird will help get rid of your thirst for change.

5. Take a road trip.

Leave. Get out. Run away for a while. It does a heart and mind good.

6. Pick up a new hobby

Learn how to draw, write poetry, cook; explore your options and don't be afraid to get out of your comfort zone!

7. Go through your room and get rid of everything you haven't touched in a month.

Sentimental stuff can be excluded from this one, but that chair that's only used to put partially dirty clothes on can go. And so can those books you haven't read in years.

8. Get a whole new wardrobe

Take all of your old stuff to Plato's Closet.

9. Do something you wouldn't normally do

Ask him out on a date. Wear something new. Do your makeup a little bolder.

10. Rearrange your room/office

11. Find a new way to get around town

Take a car, bike, or find a bus to take to class.

12. Get a new phone

Out with the old and in with the new! Change brands or just upgrade.

13. Get a new job

Sometimes, you don't have to quit the one you have. You can always join Odyssey ! *wink wink*

14. Change your lock/home screen on your phone or screensaver on your computer.

15. Paint your nails

Or paint them a different color than the normal.

16. Start a new series on Netflix or Hulu

17. Get a bumper sticker for your car or computer

18. Change phone cases

19. Get a new book bag

20. Get a new poster or tapestry for your room or living space

21. Get a new shirt or dress

22. Cook or make something new

23. Switch up your morning coffee order

24. Try something new at a restaurant

25. Buy new pens/pencils

26. Make a new playlist or buy new songs

Stick with your morals! You don't have to lose your morals to get out of your comfort zone. You can always do other things than what is on this list if anything doesn't go with what you believe in and who you are.

Not all change has to be extreme though. Sometimes it doesn't take much to get rid of that must-change-something feeling.