Change Is Scary, Yet Beneficial

Change Is Scary, Yet Beneficial

It has now been one week of being quarantined in our homes. As a community we are going through change, along with the rest of the world. We are not alone. The whole country is taking similar precautions to stop the spread. I think that's the silver lining to this virus, that we are all in this together. No one is alone.

121

When there is a change in your life you should look at it as an opportunity to grow. We as human beings go through a ridiculous amount of change throughout our lives. We go from going to school for twelve years to choosing between more schooling or the workforce. We lose family and friends as life goes on. We leave relationships and later start new ones.

Some change is harder than others but you can always look back at the situation and take something from it.

Right now the world is hurting. We have this virus that is stopping life as we know it and putting it on pause. Some of us are working from home while other companies are completely shut down. The lucky ones continue to get paid while some have no income during this shutdown. There are many parents struggling to find child care due to the schools being closed. Stores are running out of toilet paper and hand sanitizer. It is truly mayhem due to the uncertainty of everything.

Yet through all of the craziness, we have each other.

How To Keep Yourself Busy :

1. Watch that movie you've been wanting to watch. 

2.  Do that chore you keep putting off. 

3. Take a bubble bath with a glass of wine in one hand and your favorite book in the other.

4. Try that new recipe.

Relax; you do not have to do something every day. Take this time and focus on you. Remember that journal you've been wanting to start for the new year? Get out your gel pens and write about your day today.

The future is a guessing game for everyone. It is ok to feel a little lost and maybe scared.

We will get through this. And I hope when this is all over, we never take for granted our Friday nights out and our Sunday dinners at the grandparents.