Change Is A Part Of Life

Change Is A Part Of Life

"Girl Meets Bay Window"

87
Change Is A Part Of Life

"Promise me we'll always be together...we'll always be together."

Every stage of life comes with change. Here is an episode from the spin-off of “Boy Meets World” that really understands just how change can alter your feelings for your favorite place and friendship.

This episode takes you on a journey of seven years into the past, and seven years into the future from present day. Therefore, you see the girls’ at seven, 14 and 21 years old.

In my opinion, the writers did a fantastic job with this story line. The emotional impact is tremendous because you deal with change at every new door or window that you open.

“Girl Meets World” is full of life and school lessons, but one really hit home for me. This lesson of change.

As we get older, things in our life grow with us.

The leading ladies, Riley Matthews (Rowan Blanchard) and Maya Hart (Sabrina Carpenter), are facing the hard truth that high school is coming up and they are not little anymore. The Bay Window is Maya’s safe place and Riley’s place of helping people. Their story began when they were seven years old.

It all started when a seven-year-old, Maya (Ivy George) was scared and ran away from home. She came upon an open window, which is where a seven-year-old, Riley (Lindsey Lamar) is sitting that very day. This is the day that Maya found a safe place from the scary places in the world, and a friend that would always protect her.

Farkle Minkus (Corey Fogelmanis) and Lucas Friar (Peyton Meyer), also tell the girls how special the bay window is to them andhow many memories they have made by just sitting there and talking to each other. This is a place they share, but it is Riley’s bedroom and she wants a more teenager room. Meaning the Bay Window is still decorated the same way it was when Farkle, Riley, and Maya met seven years ago. Even though Lucas has not known them for seven years, he feels like he has because of this safe place.

Riley to Maya: “Your safe place is us. Your safe place is me. Maya: "And I'm yours." Riley:" From the day we met.”

Toward the ending of this emotional episode, Riley and Maya, see their 21-year-old selves sitting and talking in the Bay Window. Adult Riley (Mariah Buzolin) and Adult Maya (Ruby Lewis) give their two younger selves, a glimpse into the future of the Bay Window and friendship.

They are saying goodbye to their safe place and the memories in it, but they will always have a place for them.

By the conclusion of the episode, the girls have learned that when they are together, change is good. Even though they are growing up, their friendship will never die.They are each other's safe place.

This may just be a Disney show, but this is a real situation in everyone's lives no matter what age. Sometimes we just want to stay little forever and not put away old memories to make room for the new ones. You will always have those memories because they make you the person you are growing into a little at a time. Change can be scary and overwhelming, but it can also be the best thing that could possibly happen to you.