I've Never Been One For Change, But I'm Working On It.

Change is Hard
1

I've never been one for change.

It's so difficult. The uncertainty that change brings is near crippling for me. I like consistence. I find comfort in the comfortable and discomfort in the unfamiliar. And change is just that, unfamiliar.

I don't know where this fear of change began, but it's always present. Every opportunity, every unfamiliar road ahead is meticulously observed before taken. I'm never the one to jump head first into this unknown world of change. But rather, I've always found comfort in the known, in the consistence.

But, what I have begun to realize is this world is anything but consistent. The world we live in is constantly changing. Just as the seasons change and the trees shed their leaves in preparation for winter, this world changing and so does it's people. The world is not afraid to change, so why should I be? But more importantly, why should I be afraid of change and new beginnings when I serve a God who reminds me that change is apart of His perfect plan. For in Ecclesiastes 3:1 it says, "There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens."

Whether I'm comfortable with change or not, it's inevitable and it's written in His plans for me. So, because of God's declaration that every season is perfectly planned by Him, I can find comfort. Because I believe in a Savior who promises that all change is apart of His plans, I am slowly learning to accept it. I'm learning that although change is unfamiliar, although it is full of uncertainty. Change can also lead to marvelous opportunities and beautiful roads that weren't always visible before.

I'm not completely comfortable with change, at least not yet and I may never fully be. But, I have begun to understand it. I've begun to understand that this world, this life I live will be full of changes. And when I feel uncomfortable, when I am consumed by the unknown, I can find comfort in the fact that every season of change is apart of His marvelous plan.

So, just as the trees understand the need to change in preparation for winter, I will change as God calls me too; to prepare myself for the new season of life, which He has planned.