Chandler Bing Is Just Like Us, College Students

He's an adult in age, kid at heart, but a college student in reality.

56

If you know the 1990's and early 2000's television sitcom, Friends, then you'll probably agree that Chandler is the funny one. He is also the most relatable to the everyday person, especially today's college student. Sarcasm is everyone's second language and a lot of us have realized that we are Chandler Bing.

1. Dating

I feel this so hard!! This describes a lot of college students because we feel pressure as adults to find love and a partner to share it with. We're on dating apps such as Tinder, OkCupid, Plenty of Fish and others to try and find our ideal match so we don't have to struggle through it like Chandler had to do in the 90's.

2. Advice

A lot of us don't have a great deal of life experience so when we go to our friends for advice we have no idea what to do. If someone comes to me for dating advice that is a BIG mistake. I don't know ANYTHING about dating so don't ask me. I can offer a sarcastic comment like Chandler can, but I can offer a little bit of help in other areas.

3. Dancing

I'm pretty sure I learned my dance moves from Matthew Perry. This scene and the scene in the movie Hitch with Will Smith and Kevin James when Will's character is trying to teach Kevin's character how to dance. We get to parties (for those who go) and have no idea how to lay down moves on the dance floor. The guys look like this and the girls are just better dancers.

4. Laziness

(Slowly raises hand) So far you can probably tell that I'm not the wild type.I'm more of the Chandler type. I just want to relax and unwind at the end of the night. I don't need to go out and be out super late for no reason when I have a show on Netflix I need to watch.

5. How to Handle a Hot Girl

Not that smooth with the ladies? Don't worry, neither am I! Surprise surprise. As my mentor's grandmother has said, "Guys need to sound smart and when you're smart is when you're so dumb." Guys overthink when it comes to talking to women and so we mess it up before it happens.

6. Awkwardness

I have said this to people I meet only I use my name of course. I hope that it makes the situation less stressful because I have put it out there that I am already uncomfortable and this is the coping mechanism I use when meeting new people and networking with others. We meet a bunch of new people on campus everyday and we were never taught how to make friends.

7. You Only Have 2 or 3 Friends

After establishing a circle of friends you settle into hanging out with a small amount of that circle on a regular basis.

8. You're Tired All the Time

College students don't get that much sleep. Anything before noon is too dang early! Some people are morning people and they're called weirdos. We work hard all day and night in classes, club meetings and trying to have a bunch of other things going on.

9. Sunday's are your Lazy Days

When Monday is just around the corner and you may have been a little too wild the past two nights, Sunday is your recovery day. Sunday's are for trying to get those homework assignments done and cramming for that test on Monday that you've been studying for because you "Had all weekend to study" but haven't started yet.

10. When at the Dining Hall You Eat As Much As Possible

You paid a lot for that meal plan so you're going to put it to good use. It says "All You Can Eat" so you're going to eat like royalty. The food isn't always good, but you still keep going back up for more.

Chandler Bing may be an adult in age and a kid at heart, but he is just like every college kid out there. A lot of college students identify themselves with Chandler. Do you? Personally, I relate to all of these, but the dancing is the biggest one. I am like a white Steve Urkle/Chandler Bing when it comes to moves out on the dance floor. Do you identify with any of these? Even if you don't thanks for reading and please share!!