Challenges of Being a Leader

Challenges of Being a Leader

Anyone can be a leader if you have faith in yourself

59
Challenges of Being a Leader
Ben White

I have a tendency to be a reserved person, which makes it hard for me to be center of attention. I always go out of my way to help others, especially with classmates. I also take charge of doing my own work and accomplishing my own goals. Yet, being completely in charge has always been a difficult task.

Yea, I have been the leader of group projects where I would do most of the work and my group would turn to me for ideas. The thing is, I have a hard time leading adults since they are always too busy and have more important things to worry about. Being a leader among a group of adults made me realize that my career choice of teaching early education is the best option for me.

I have had my doubts teaching because I am scared about being the center of attention of the classroom. I fear I may not know how to handle every situation or know what lesson to teach when. Yet, I love working with children, and I know I will improve as I have more experience.

With that, I may not be able to make young adults cares, but I can teach young children to grow up and take responsibility for their lives. I have the ability to show my future students ways to prepare for the real world and teach them ways to keep achieving. Yes, I will always have a little fear, but fear is what drives me to want to keep getting better.

A leader is not just someone who tells others what to do and is in charge of everything. A real leader is someone people look up too in order to find more inspiration to know that they can do anything they put their minds too. As long as people still ask me for guidance and rely on me to help them, I will continue to be the best leader I can be.