We central New Jerseyans have to stick together. We share a special bond considering we do not exist to the rest of the state. Everyone has the same love for the shore or argues over who has the best bagel shop. But, as soon as someone says to an outsider, "Oh I am from central Jersey" all hell breaks loose. So here some signs you live in the absolute best part of the state and that we in fact do exist.
1. Bagels are a necessary lifestyle choice.
2. And you have probably fought someone about it.
3. You live within a hour from the shore.
4. Menlo and Bridgwater are your go-to malls.
5. You understand the horror of Route 22.
6. You have hit at least one deer in your lifetime.
And you probably got out of your car and said a little prayer. RIP.
7. Your hangout spots are the diner, Dunkin' Donuts or your high school parking lot.
8. Your summer concert scene will always be PNC.
9. Your borough consists of many neighborhoods, side streets, strip malls and a nice downtown.
10. Which is all pretty much in walking distance from your house.
11. Half of our graduating class attends Rutgers.
Or Montclair or Monmouth or Kean.
12. No one knows where you live unless they hail from central Jersey, too.
13. Your town has more pizzerias than people.
14. You experience a wide range of extreme weather.
TBT to hurricane Sandy.
15. Prom weekend is the best and worst weekend of your life.
16. And probably took place in a run-down motel in Seaside Heights or Wildwood.
17. Everyone knows everyone and everything in your town.
Got a secret? Can you keep it.