Why We Need To Celebrate The Ladies More Than One Day
Politics

We should be celebrating queens all day, everyday.

5
Huffington Post

So this past weekend the social media world had the opportunity to celebrate Women's Equality Day or as I like to refer to it as 'Queen's Equality Day.'

So I celebrated as I know how. I told all my girlfriends how smart, beautiful, and wonderful they are. Threw out the occasional "queen" to some of the gals and told all of them how great a job I thought they were doing at whatever task they were doing at the time. Naturally I do this everyday, but this day i made sure to put some extra love into it.

As I mentioned earlier, I said social media celebrated this day. I say that because if it were not for social media, I would not have know this day existed. Well, this got me thinking about my school days and how we were never taught about this day or the importance of this day. I found out about this strictly because social media, and even then some people do not realize the greatness of such a day. I definitely had my share of 'retweets', shares, and likes on this day, and hope someone would click on anything i posted just to gain some extra knowledge and share it with others.

My point though is that I strongly think this needs to be something taught in your basic high school history class. The more i started to reflect on high school and even college, we were never taught the emphasis women had on history. Not even just history, but the impact we have on today. What we are actually capable of. I am still learning more and more about women and what we have accomplished, especially for equality. This needs to be something we teach in school and have younger women understand their importance in the world and that we are truly capable of anything.

We need to teach the younger generations that equality is something that still needs to be aimed for and women need to be celebrated.