Yes, I celebrate birthday month and you should too!

Yes, I Love My Birthday And Yes, I Celebrate Birthday Month

To me, my birthday is my favorite holiday and no, I am not a narcissist.

143
https://unsplash.com/photos/XmefirQLMfY

It's officially March which marks the official start of my birthday month! Even though my birthday is only four days into the month, I celebrate birthday month, and yes I said it, month. Literally, anyone who knows me has at one point or another probably heard me talking about my birthday, and yes I am THAT girl that starts her countdown 6 months ahead. Hey, I mean if your half birthday is Queen Beyoncé's birthday, you would love it too.

But there are so many things that are absolutely wonderful about birthdays but people don't celebrate them, or are too shy and claim they are one of the people 'who don't really care about birthdays.' This is why you should start living it up and celebrate your own birthday to a new level and start celebrating and treating others on their birthdays the same way.

First off, the excitement. I mean there is nothing like looking at the light at the end of the tunnel of the mounds of college homework, studying and midterms I have to do and just the general stress of life without a sweet or enticing end in sight, something at all to look forward to. And even for the rest of the year, you are just looking forward to the weekend, trust me there is always a sweet end. Being excited about your birthday also makes your mood better, releasing endorphins, always a good way to stay happy and excited while looking forward to your big day!

Celebrating with friends and family is seriously such a sweet and fun part of celebrating birthdays. Not only the fact that it is you being celebrated, but it is an opportunity for everyone to take a break and step aside from their busy and stressful lives to just come together, eat good food, and just celebrate love and friendship, and YOU! And there are so many different ways to celebrate from birthday parties to birthday dinners, but they each come with something that all girls know and love, pictures! This is a fun time to grab some cute pictures of you and all your friends and you and your family, so many for the 'gram! So just throw on your cutest outfit, maybe even a birthday princess sash, and get that smile camera ready!

And last, but obviously not least, birthday presents and birthday cards. Personally, I am a sucker for a good hand-written note or birthday card because I find joy and love in even the simplest acts on a birthday. Having had someone take the time out of their day to sit down and write to you about how you make them feel and how they cherish you, those are memories that will never fade. Also, we are all thinking about it so why not just say it, presents. As a broke college girl, birthday presents are always amazing but also the thought and creativity taken into selecting a birthday present for someone is just so special and one of my most favorite parts of the holiday.

I hope you have an amazing birthday, birthday month, and year. Party hard!