Before we begin, you may be asking, what exactly is CBD? Cannabidiol, otherwise known as CBD, is a naturally occurring compound found in the resinous flower of the cannabis plant. Though closely related to TCH, CBD does not produce a high when used and is similarly non-addictive.
So, what are the benefits?
Chronic Pain Solutions
CBD oil has been shown to reduce pain for those suffering from arthritis, back issues, and even the pain of many suffering from chronic migraines. As a result of these discoveries, CBD has become a safer alternative to Opiates for people with extreme chronic pain. For decades, Opiates have been the top prescribed medication for patients suffering intense chronic pain, but Opiates are highly addictive and have caused the deaths of many who’ve abused it. However, CBD has proven to be a safer and non-addictive pain relief alternative.
In April of 2018, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration advisory panel unanimously approved CBD medication to treat two rare forms of childhood epilepsy. The drug, Epidiolex, has become the first FDA-approved drug containing substances substance derived from marijuana and it is also the first FDA approved drug for the treatment of patients with Dravet syndrome.
Calming Anxiety Disorders
Anxiety disorders including OCD, Depression, and PTSD are suffered by about one in three Americans at some point in their lives. CBD oils act as solutions for many of the symptoms associated with anxiety-related disorders because CBD allows its user to destress enough that they find relief from the worry-filled thoughts which are associated with their disorder. Since many anxiety disorders are also characterized by an inability to fall asleep or get good sleep, CBD oil is recommended because it also aids in getting people a good night’s sleep.
Clearing Up Acne
Some studies suggest that CBD oil can even help clear acne. The results do vary from person to person however, based on the type of acne they're suffering from. CBD oil helps reduce various types of acne thanks to its anti-inflammatory properties and its ability to adjust how the body creates sebum. Sebum is created by our body to protect our skin, but when it mixes with dead skin cells, dirt, or other pollutants and become trapped inside our pores. This clogged pore then becomes acne. So for acne which is caused by the over-production of sebum, CBD oil provides a very effective skincare solution.
Editor's note: The views expressed in this article are not intended to replace professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
- Up and Coming of CBD and Medical Marijuana Products ›
- CBD Industry Aims To Hit 1 Billion In 2019 — How Can You Benefit? ›
- The CBD Trend That Everyone Needs To Know About ›
- Cannabidiol Is The Wonder Drug Sweeping America ›
- I Used CBD Oil To Help Treat My Grandfather's Schizophrenia And It ... ›
- Using The CBD Oil, Charlotte's Web, Has Helped My Anxiety ›
- CBD Oil: What Is It And What Are The Different Benefits? ›
- CBD Oil Changed My Life ›
- CBD oil benefits ›
- Does CBD oil work for chronic pain management? ›
- Why CBD May Be a Top Acne Treatment, According to Science ›
- Everything You Need to Know About Using CBD Oil for Acne ›
- Can CBD oil get rid of acne? ›
- 25 Best CBD Oil Brands for 2019 [Pain Relief, Anxiety, Stress] ›
- 7 Benefits and Uses of CBD Oil (Plus Side Effects) ›
- CBD Hemp Oil | Cannabidiol Oil | CBD Oil Online Shop | PureKana ›
- Hemp Oil | CBD Online | NuLeaf Naturals - Shop Now ›
- What is CBD Oil? A Primer for the “It Medicine” of the Moment ›
- CBD Oil: All the Rage, But Is It Really Safe and Effective? – WebMD ›