Catching Feelings: College Edition

Catching Feelings: College Edition

The only person you need to be good enough for is yourself

277
Catching Feelings: College Edition
PEXELS

You're the only person you need to be good enough for!

College Relationships, you ask? I hope you’re ready for some big sister advice. You know how we all go into college saying “Omg can’t wait to find my future husband??!!” We’re all guilty of this. You go into orientation, see a cute boy, Snapchat your friend a pic, then repeat the process. It starts out as exciting; new faces, new personalities, fresh start. Slowly it turns into a game of who did this with who and why doesn’t he text me back. Am I not good enough? Does he like someone else? Blah blah blah, repeat, somehow you get caught up in the never ending cycle.

Truth is, for some you’re just a number and for others you’ll be their world. Choose which one you want..and don’t be afraid to say it. College is a hookup culture, have you met a tinder boy? Putting your heart out there isn’t easy when you’re handing it over to someone who has no idea of it’s meaning. You can’t blame them though, you could easily be looking for different things. Be honest with yourself and don’t change for anyone, speaking from experience it won’t be worth it. If you want a relationship don't pursue a guy who isn't looking for one with the intentions of changing him, odds are it won't work.

Don’t rush it, just don’t. Yeah, relationships are great but you’re going to need some time to find yourself whether that may be recreating yourself or just finding out the type of person you’re attracted to. College is so much more about bettering yourself. You're not a half, you're a whole, and you can't move forth with the idea that you're less of a person when single. Ladies, there’s plenty of nice guys on campus, he’s not the only one I promise you. You have four years for there to be someone that walks into your life and decides to stay there; forcing it won’t keep it.

We think we're missing out on love. We think in return we'll be happy and love ourselves more when we have love from someone else; it becomes all we think about. It's called "falling in love" for a reason it just happens when you don't expect it. You may want it, but it doesn't mean were empty without it. It's not a lack of love it's simply that the "one" hasn't come into your life.

Find your purpose and the rest will fall into place. College will never be about the guy that did't text back, it's about you unlocking a world of new beginnings. Enjoy the ride, you don't need a map.