If The Cast Of "Stranger Things" Rowed An Eight

They'd make great rowers, wouldn't you agree?

185
Olympic Channel

Netflix’s new original series “Stranger Things” made its debut this summer and the hype is still going strong, well into autumn in fact, which is head racing season for all you rowers and coxswains out there. This list will plan a crew racing lineup for the cast of "Stranger Things," using their individual strengths as well as just-for-fun seat stereotypes. Hey, if fantasy football fans can have their fun, why not rowers?

9. Coxswain: Eleven

You probably know the coxswain as the small person that yells at all the rowers. While El may not talk much, she makes up for it with intimidation and superpowers. Steering and docking would be a breeze with telekinesis. And if another boat tries to pass them… Well, she can take care of that.

8. Stroke: Mike Wheeler

Stroke sits up front, setting the rhythm for the others to follow and communicating with the coxswain. Mike’s a natural for this position for his ability to take initiative and get the rest of his gang to follow, and the way he seems to understand El. The only problem is when the eighth seat develops a crush on the cox—it can be difficult when the person you like sees your very unattractive and sweaty rowing face.

7. Seven seat: Will Byers

Mike and Will’s unwavering loyalty to each other make them the perfect seat pair. Seven is the stroke’s right hand man. He must mirror stroke’s rhythm so the starboard side has someone to follow. Will’s quiet and steady personality make him the perfect candidate for seven.

6. Six seat: Jonathan Byers

There’s nothing like following your little brother, right?! At least Jonathan and Will seem to have a healthy sibling relationship. He proved he’s tougher than he looks in a fist fight, so it’s fortunate for Steve that Jonathan seems to focus most of his energy into photography. Perhaps rowing could be another outlet for the two of them.

5. Five seat: Steve Harrington

Steve would be that person in the boat that complains about getting backsplash while drenching all the rowers behind him. Hopefully being stuck between two pragmatic people like Jonathan and Barb will keep his attitude in check. If he and Jonathan can overcome their differences, they’d make quite a strong pair. Although Steve may want to think about all that wind resistance his (fabulous) hair creates.

4. Four seat: Barbara Holland

Four seat keeps the bow for steady and connects them with the stern four, so someone as grounded and level-headed as Barb would be perfect for the job. Plus she could jab her oar into Steve’s back whenever he gets on her nerves.

3. Three seat: Nancy Wheeler

For some reason three seat gets a bad rep for not being the most technically sound rower. But three seats often prove this wrong, as is the case with Nancy. She breaks down the stereotype of the “ditzy teenager,” and ends up being a total badass.

2. Two seat: Dustin Henderson

Every boat needs someone to buffer bow's sass, who’s always willing to pull a little extra to help the coxswain steer, who keeps a positive attitude through even the toughest practices. Dustin would sit quite happily in two seat. He’d be far away enough from the coxswain to sneak a few snacks into the boat, too.

1. Bow: Lucas Sinclair

Bow seats are known for making plenty of witty comments, sometimes running into issues with the coxswain due to “bowseat coxing,” the rowing equivalent to backseat driving. Lucas may be somewhat snarky at times, but he is down-to-earth and loyal, making him a perfect bow seat and friend.