I'm A Career-Oriented Woman, And No Man Is Going To Change That

I'm open to possibilities, but changing my future is not one of them.

2533

If there is one thing I have learned in life it is: "Do not let any man change who you are or want to become."

I am a college student and a full-time employee, and seeking a relationship is not something I plan on doing anytime soon. I say this because I know my schedule is busy, and education-wise, I have many years to go.

Having a partner would not be fair to them because I would not be able to give them an adequate relationship.

Because of this, if I were to come into a relationship by chance, I know I wouldn't alter my plans and goals if my partner were to ask. I have worked too hard and put in a lot of time to get where I am today, so to ask me to pause or stop on this completely is almost disrespectful.

My career goal is to become a pharmacist. Currently, I am working toward my bachelor's in biology, and as of now, I am a certified pharmacy technician. Throughout this, I have fully supported myself and done just fine without a partner.

So, to all the men out there, know you are not needed by me, a career-oriented female.

As a career-oriented female, I know I will never rely on a man for income or stability. I am and will be fully independent, even if I were to be in a relationship. And, with that, my partner should not rely on me for income or stability.

We both need to equally supply income and maintain finances.

To those out there who disagree with me, you should know I respect your views and opinions. I am not here to knock on a certain lifestyle but am just simply stating my views on what I think a healthy relationship is.

So, fellow career-oriented women, do not feel left behind if you have not gotten engaged, married, or had a child yet. Everyone has different life goals.

For us, obtaining our education and excelling in our careers is our life goal. Who is to say what happens after, we just know that having a man change our goals and plans, is not one of them.

Follow Swoon on Instagram.