Cardi B's Feud With Tomi Lahren Explained

Cardi B's Feud With Tomi Lahren Might Just Be What Politics Needed

Though the feud may have been short-lived, this was a step in the right direction in the wake of the upcoming election.

291

A young, bold rapper from The Bronx, Cardi B isn't one to shy away from direct, controversial statements. Though she raps about money and fame, she's also very knowledgeable about political affairs. Recently, Cardi B posted a one minute video on Instagram berating the President for his actions regarding the recent government shutdown.

According to CNN, the shutdown has lasted for almost a month with workers still waiting to receive their paychecks. It's quite questionable of the President to resort to withholding American workers' paychecks in an effort to raise support for the wall.

In the video, Cardi points out, "Like, our country is a hellhole right now, all for a f***ing wall. And we really need to take this serious." Cardi amassed over 59K retweets on Twitter for her video, with many celebrities like Chris Evans retweeting her video in approval. Cardi's praise didn't last after Tomi Lahren, an American conservative political commentator added her opinions on Cardi's messages in a negative manner.

"Looks like @iamcardib is the latest genius political mind to endorse the Democrats. HA! Keep it up, guys! #MAGA2020"- Taken from Tomi Lahren's Twitter, @TomiLahren.

It didn't just end there, however. "Leave me alone I will dog walk you" was the tweet that had millions talking. Just as Cardi B set the scene for the political feud, Tomi responded with

"I'm sure you would. Still doesn't make your political rambling any less moronic. #BuildthatWall."

The feud seemingly concluded when Cardi B responded with "You're so blinded with racism that you don't even realize the decisions the president you root for is destroying the country you claim to love so much. You are a perfect example on no matter how educated or smart you think you are you still a SHEEP!"

The feud isn't supposed to be funny. Although Cardi B made somewhat of a questionable delivery, her point still stands. The shutdown has lasted on for a while, workers aren't getting paid, and it's unconstitutional. She later describes how the Obama administration did indeed shut down the government, but it was only for 17 days and was to advocate for healthcare. Not a 5 billion dollar wall.

Tomi Lahren's remarks directed at Cardi B as an entertainer, but not as a citizen with political importance, is the root of the problem. It shows how certain individuals will view anyone who tries to denounce the actions of the President. It's also important because Cardi B is a very popular entertainer. Her platform is enough to reach millions of fans and followers. The messages she spreads give her more strength as a politically educated citizen. This gives more importance to her statements.

Though the feud may have been short-lived, this was a step in the right direction in the wake of the upcoming election. It's important for people to understand how the government shutdown is very unnecessary for the hardworking government workers.

Here's to hoping that the government opens up soon. It also wouldn't be unreasonable if Cardi B made more political videos. After all, they seem to encourage a lot of discussions.