Cardi and Cosby Are Not The Same.

Cardi B And Bill Cosby Are Not The Same, And Neither Are Their Crimes

Many people are upset that Bill Cosby is spending his life in prison and Cardi is not.

210
https://www.facebook.com/rapup/photos/basw.Abrs8o21E4UAKP0xLv_0WU-vR4PMRZSuEy-MozLSDgY0AXbJVnsTDp7E3HegTfFJohwhcVq2kWuLKsN75qOnODlswa_TDkzaGSi3I7fSLRDpC7d0ZCNh7M1_TA-e71NRvlTIkOu3iK5P7kT6PMcwsQug.1346464945366213.2087966314795001.1551551868263176.10155556777445303.1991403857784581.10156162904142844/10156162904142844/?type=1&opaqueCursor=Abp3ZsZiRaPqTAlO9sRAzOTkkGzA5X9o2G0mSpQPMM2sGk_qNvAmTJOEmu19eeK7AhwYP4DeflH7MKgXmdhfAg-BqAguDcz-KCly4ZURVRPLBx5RWVEBD0c_Y2coZXekgG-iz1kvr5EiMEuQTCXcc4zlDaLGjBotpMSjXhKKXB_DpMOyl6e4knecmKytlqQhgA2H8qbNS9c97JdqusmIwUcCEbDQgVq_IVWvFh4k7vsBYTP9muQmX1PQaJZkcgzNQ2U3w3HkuIlDysiShKPsTqv3UxGTxiKVB0QNqZzcnq-foBAeJXcnLWVinjO9pr5eDF5rhxUkFIcJnE-ZmQpHb1twGNmVbE4XX5uoxBC5hWJYVnN4soCZ1nvU6T-ryPVBsZDldGrt2T36fhabK4ddmQ5jG-Uf4XWHbhWW2n71wnZQdc2NN91Pk-4wfil0IXmV7fjYD3aabNJ6y2RbCLL9FaBof09Y3m3X-05yjFEE9ZvYKSrUqV8Iozqkej4h2MTVix3UxbRDO1uorVSXUZYMlNJ_nk2ePvlPGALtsfFjW0T16I9BSONNJ4KP2Do_6KbBLCZ0k9gSqIOJKDnDw7VGx3BqTpojxnaauvpfnNNo1mIVMw&theater

If you have been on social media the past few weeks, you have undoubtedly seen the Cardi B controversy. Some people are comparing Bill Cosby and Cardi B, and I truly think that is unfair. Neither Cardi B nor Bill Cosby is innocent, but that doesn't mean they should be compared.

There are posts out there that are justifying Cardi's actions because "men get away with this type of thing all the time." Yes, that is true, but does it make it right? Not at all. Cardi's talent, tough background, and current success do not excuse what she did. She explained that she was not proud of what she did, whether that is true or not, we will never know, and that is not for us to judge.

Many people are upset that Bill Cosby is spending his life in prison and Cardi is not. Though from the surface it seems unfair, we don't know the entire truth. The only people who know every last detail of the separate crimes are the people that committed them, which are Cardi B and Bill Cosby.

We also must understand that Cardi and Cosby are two people who lived their lives in the eye of the media, which means they have a lot more to lose and a lot of people who want them to lose what they have.

By no means am I saying, "Neither of these things happened.", because I do not know. What I do know is that stories change, motives change, and no two crimes are alike.

As a society, we will never know the whole truth and that holds true for any situation, not just these two instances. We also must understand that these instances are not just news headlines, they are permanent decisions that Cosby, Cardi and their families have to live with. Above all, these instances are traumas that these victims [of Cardi and Cosby] continue to relive because of the media.

Instead of comparing the two, educate yourself and the people around you. Both of their actions are unacceptable, but they are completely different. We are outsiders, we don't know the whole truth, and we will never get it. Instead of posting about it, we need to have respect for the victims of these two people and prevent similar actions from taking place.