Drinking Out Of Cans With A Straw Is A Way Of Life, So Get Over It

Straw haters will tell you that the tab is to help the manufacturing price, but only the real ones know the truth.

93

If you've ever gone to a birthday party or Christmas get-together, you've drunk a soft drink out of a can. There's no way around it. The can is insanely bad for the environment (like everything else in this world), but if you're going to throw the aluminum beverage can out, at least drink from it correctly beforehand.

After my careful research, I've found one very valid point. The most general one is that the tab on the can even have a hole to put the straw in. After you open the can, twist the tab around to face the opposite way. You now have a perfect slot to place the straw. The straw won't slide up your nose, either, as it did before.

If you're worried about the plastic you're about to be throwing out, companies make recyclable and reusable straws. So if you're pressed about the environment, why are you drinking out of an aluminum can in the first place? Practice what you preach is all I'm saying.

Drinking out of a straw will also help the stains on your teeth. Soda's especially are one of the major causes of tooth stains. If you're trying to help your teeth out in the long run, go grab yourself a pack of reusable straws. Not only will it help your teeth, but it'll help the environment.

To the people who refuse to accept that cans are meant to be sipped with a straw, suck on that piece of knowledge. While you have soda go up your nose because you had to tip the can up, I'll be peacefully sipping my soft drink.

To my fellow straw sippers, keep sipping.