Can You Make Money by Driving? Here Are Five Side Hustles You Can Try
News

Make Money by Driving

28
Make Money by Driving

When people think of their skill sets, they often overlook the skill of driving. But if you’re looking for a way of making money on the side, your driving skills enable you to go down several side hustle routes.

Here are five you should consider trying.

1. Become a Super Uber Driver

Unlike cab drivers, you don’t need a special license or a company vehicle to become an Uber driver. You simply sign up to use your car as a for-hire service and pick up bookings, when you choose to work, that come through the app.

With smartphone technology at the heart of Uber, you have the flexibility to work hours that suit you, so it’s one of the best driving side hustles available.

And if you’re happy to pick up and drop off people during peak hours, such as Friday nights and weekends, you can earn more than you would at off-peak times.

Of course, Uber isn’t the only company that allows you to become a driver if you have your own vehicle. Check out other ridesharing companies like Lyft to find the best option for you.

2. Consider a Courier Job

If you’d rather not have strangers in your car, consider becoming a courier on the side. There’s currently a big demand for delivery drivers and all you really need to get started is your own vehicle.

You can work flexible hours, so a courier job is an excellent side hustle to do on top of your regular part-time or full-time job. You could work directly for a company; for instance, you could deliver goods for Amazon via Amazon Flex.

Alternatively, you could pick up work from independent businesses, delivering items like parcels, flowers, or takeaway food. Check out these reasons to love being a courier to discern whether the job is right for you.

3. Get Involved with Elder Transit Services

Many older people find it difficult to get around when they become unable to drive themselves. While elderly people will often use cabs and ridesharing apps, some seniors need more help to get in and out of vehicles and to go to and from their front doors.

By setting yourself up as an independent driver or working with an established company, you could make those elderly people’s lives much easier.

4. Use Your Car for Advertising

If picking up and dropping off people or goods doesn’t appeal to you, consider using your car to advertise. You’re sure to have seen vehicles driving around with wraps or boards displaying company or product names. Well, you could drive such cars.

All you need to do is spend some time driving local routes to advertise a certain product. As long as you don’t mind your vehicle becoming a billboard, this side hustle can be lucrative. Of course, it’s flexible too.

Get started by checking out the Wrapify app, which enables you to connect with potential advertisers.

5. Help People Move Home

Moving home can be expensive, so many movers look for alternative and cheaper options for moving their belongings from one home to another; especially students and young people who only own a couple of cars’ worth of items.

If you’re willing to help people move their stuff by using your car or van, you could potentially be involved in a lucrative side hustle. If you’re not physically fit enough to help carry items, you can simply provide the transportation for a move. But if you’re physically fit, you could earn more by adding lifting and moving belongings to your available services.