I Can Change The World

I Can Change The World

A positive attitude can make a big difference.

4
I Can Change The World
Stackstreet

“Believing that within you is the ability to change the world is the first step in making a difference," (Dan Waldschmidt).

“One person can make a difference, and everyone should try,” (John F. Kennedy). A few weeks ago, a friend asked me, “Do you really think that you’re making a difference in other people’s lives?” I immediately answered with yes, but, after further thought, I felt it needed an explanation. I do believe that one person can change the world.

“No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted,” (Aesop). Positivity is everything. When you take the time and effort to do something for someone else, it can make a big impact in their life. A small act of kindness can make someone’s day.

“In this life we cannot always do great things. But we can do small things with great love,” (Mother Theresa). Even the acts of kindness that you may never have thought would make an impact often do. When I have gone through some of my roughest times, someone taking the time to talk to me, or even smile as they walk by, has had the ability to brighten my entire day. However, this can also go the other way. Having a negative attitude can rub off on others and even make them feel as if they are unwanted. Harsh words toward someone can ruin his day or diminish his self-confidence. Negativity often has a much larger impact than positivity; when you have a bad attitude, it can spread to others and ruin many people’s days.

“I would rather make mistakes in kindness and compassion than work miracles in unkindness and hardness,” (Mother Theresa).Whether you are positive or negative, it can create a chain reaction. When you do something good for someone, you can create a chain of positivity, causing the person to do good things for others as well. When you do something negative, it can cause the person to have a negative attitude as well, spreading the negativity to others.Smiling is one of the best things you can do to spread positivity. “A warm smile is the universal language of kindness,” (William Arthur Ward). When you smile at someone, it can brighten their day, often making them smile as well. But, it can have an even greater influence on you. When you put forth an effort to have a positive attitude, it can make you a happier person.

After all, helping others doesn’t only benefit the other person. It can change your life as well. “Every act of kindness benefits the giver as well as the receiver,” (Katrina Mayer). When you do something good for someone else, it can change your attitude, and make your day so much better.

“What you do makes a difference, and you have to decide what kind of difference you want to make,” (Jane Goodall).