To My Campus Activities Office Information Desk Family

"Information Desk, this is [one of many amazing people] how may I help you?"

57
Personal Photo

Yes, it’s that girl who is always offering to cover shifts for you all here.

Never would I have thought two years ago that I would enjoy me on-campus job as much as I do. I love selling tickets to students, assisting visitors with questions they have and drawing all that art on the white board that decorates our information desk. While I hold all these tasks dear to my heart, you know that my absolute favorite part of this job is the friendships I have been able to create with all of you.

I am so grateful for all the fun memories we have shared. I’ve loved all those late night, coat-checking DIVE dance shifts, our all-staff get together, and even just the conversations I’ve shared with all of you while working weekly shifts, I wouldn’t have traded those moments for anything in the world. Those moments have given me a chance to get to know you all so much better, learn about your lives, and make close friends I wouldn’t have found anywhere else.

You all are some of my favorite people on campus, not going to lie. I mean, there has to be a reason I walk by the desk multiple times a day to chat with you all. You all have gotten to know me to a point where you instantly know how to cheer me up when I am in a bad mood. If I am just stressed with school, or just annoyed about the world in general, you all know instantly how to put out the fire growing inside of me.

While a lot of people can accomplish what I stated above, you all especially know when it is best to just let me be by myself. I think you all have figured out by now that since I am usually on the more talkative side, I tend to be very quiet when I am not in the best of moods. While any normal person may decide to ask me what is going on, you all know that it is better to just leave me be unless I bring it up, as I probably will start changing the subject instantly.

I appreciate you all more than you probably realize. You all never fail to make me feel loved and supported, and you never fail to make me laugh and just plain happy. You all have taught me so much about leadership, trust, confidence, and kindness that it would be hard for me to repay you with equal knowledge. You all make me smile from ear to ear every day, and that is something that I appreciate the most.

All I really want to say is thank you. Thank you for always listening to my rants. Thank you for always making me laugh. Thank you for always showing that you care, and also for putting up with me even when I get really annoying. This whole experience we call Gustavus would not be complete without you all gracing my life.

Stay Golden,

Taylor