My Favorite Memories Growing Up
Life Stages

My Favorite Memories Growing Up

We all have that one memory that we can remember and instantly feel calm and happy, this is mine.

268
My Favorite Memories Growing Up
Chloe Black

Being that I am in college, the happy memories of when I didn't have to worry about much seems like so long ago. It's like my mind is a filing cabinet. The time between now and then had placed the happy childhood memories in a cabinet. The papers that went to the desk drawer to be used almost every day was all pain experienced so I can not do the foolish things I have done before. Every so often though, the cabinet pops out a recognizable instance when I was full of content.

My boyfriend and I had gone swimming at the campuses recreational center. After jumping into the pool and swimming a few minutes I had a sense of recognition in a smell that was not the chlorine. I smelled pizza, not just any pizza though, my grandma's camper made pizza.

When I was little didn't have any football games to go to, no concerts to attend, and no week-long soccer tournaments to burn it, I spent the weekend with my grandparents at a campground hanging out with friends. I was always looking forward to going there. At the campgrounds, I would bike through the woods, play on the playground, go to the little store for candy, swim, play bingo, and eat smores almost every weekend. And during the weekends that my friends were not hanging at the campground, I hung out with my grandma. It was so great having a spot to just get away and have fun with people I cared about.

I made some really good friends there from other cities that I continue to run into every so often. I also made some really good memories with my time spent there. It was great to be young and run around this place. There were times when none of my friends would be camping that weekend, but instead of being sad, I made the most out of it. I would go with my grandma and swim in the pond. All day I would be out there swimming with the fish and my grandma would watch.

I didn't get out much, but if I did, I would make big sand castles on the beach. We would be out there almost the whole day, then my grandma would ask me, "are you done yet? Your lips are turning blue." I would say "no" and run back into the pond for another good ten minutes until she would ask again and this time I would be freezing and take the towel from my grandma. We would walk together to the camper and then she would make me little pizzas in a sandwich maker and it was great.

Life was great back then, all the memories and people I met there were incredible. And all of these emotions and smells and memories came back for just a minute before blowing away again, to show my present life, swimming in a pool with my amazing boyfriend.