11 Reasons To Go Camping

11 Reasons To Go Camping

Get outside! And sleep there too!

328
11 Reasons To Go Camping

While spending eternity in bed with nutella and a laptop is wildly appealing, there are other activities that can be well worth your time. Like going outside! And sleeping there too! Camping is a great way to be adventurous, make good memories, and spend time with some high quality people. Here are eleven reasons of the many to go camping, complete with pictures that will make you want to be outside 99% of the time.

1. The Great Outdoors are great

Whether you're camping on the beach or in the forests, you'll find that your surroundings are beautiful, complete with fresh air and the possibility of some stunning sunrises and sunsets.

2. Getting away from constant technology

We're all pretty addicted to our phones and our Netflix these days, so the thought of no wifi and 4G sounds a little scary, but you'll find it's surprisingly nice to focus on things other than how to stay in bed all day and watch seventeen consecutive episodes of Friends.

3. Tent talks

Staying up late in your tent, talking about everything and anything is a really great way to bond with people. You might find that you know people way better after spending a couple nights bonding in the tents.

4. The stars!

You may think you can see the stars at home, but without the light pollution, you can see so many more, and they look brighter too.

5. Campfires

It seems like it's straight out of the movies- people making s'mores and singing around the campfire, but it actually happens. And it's absolutely fantastic.

6. Food

It surely isn't a five star restaurant, and powdered eggs might seem like science gone too far, but food cooked out in the wilderness is its own special kind of delicious that comes with the time and adventure that went into it. Where else could you grill hot dogs over a fire or decide to make sixteen servings of hash browns for dinner?

7. Nearby adventures

Often, campgrounds are situated near other fun activities. Whether that activity be rock climbing, hiking, kayaking, or anything else, camping gives you a chance to spend multiple days adventuring.

8. Woods crazy

If you're going on a longer trip, it seems that woods crazy is inevitable. It's not loony bin crazy, just the best kind of crazy where everything and everyone is silly, and you can't stop laughing. It just makes for a fun time for all.

9. The other people you'll meet

Fellow campers who have great stories to tell, campground owners who stop by with a spare bundle of firewood, you find that you meet the kindest and most interesting people while camping.

10. It's an experience

There isn't anything like taking a break from the real world to go spend some quality times with nature and some cool people. It's a simple as that.

11. If all else fails, you've got a great story

When it rains from the second you arrive until just after you leave forcing you to get real creative to stay warm and dry, when you accidentally set your camping stove on fire, when you don't realize how much food you're making and all of a sudden you way too many servings and way too few people, you might get pretty frustrated. But give it a little time, and when you look back it'll make you laugh and give a good story to tell