9 Campgrounds That Should Be On Every Camper's Bucket List

If they weren't on your list, they definitely are now.

87

"From the redwood forest to the golf stream waters..." The United States is home to some of the most beautiful parks in the world, and if you love camping here are some you will want to see!

1. Hocking Hills State Park in Ohio

Facebook

Hocking Hills State Park has an abundance of caves, waterfalls, and lakes. Theres no shortage of things to check out and do such as rock climbing, kayaking, canoeing, swimming, fishing, hiking, sight seeing, horse back riding and much more. As if visiting isn't cool enough, they have over 200 campsites available, but they're in high demand so it is recommended to reserve them in advance!

2. Sleeping Bear Dunes National Park in Michigan

Facebook

Sleeping Bear Dunes National Park is home to a HUGE sand dune with a legend. This sand dune can take almost 45 minutes to climb back up on average. In addition to the sand dune, this national park is located right on Lake Michigan, has great views, plenty of hiking, and historical points. The park also has a campground, and a whole separate campground full of huge group sites for bigger groups.

3. Rocky Mountain National Park in Colorado

Facebook

Rocky Mountain National Park houses the front range of the Rocky Mountains. The park contains many lakes, rivers, streams, and hiking trails. It is also a very popular place to see wildlife such as moose, bighorn sheep, and elk. You can rock climb, mountaineer, snowshoe, cross country ski, and much more. Camping is allowed in several designated areas of the park.

4. Big Cypress National Preserve in Florida

Facebook

Big Cypress National Preserve is a designated dark sky park, and one of the best places to see the night sky in the United States. You can also go on ranger-led swamp tours, canoeing, kayaking, ORV ,and there are scenic driving routes.

5. Cumberland Gap National Historical Park in Kentucky, Tennessee, and Virginia

Facebook

The Cumberland Gap National historic park is located in three states; Kentucky, Tennessee, and Virginia. The park has mountain views, guided tours of the old Hensley settlement, and the gap cave. The park is full of civil war history and settling pioneers history. They also have a 160-site campground available.

6. Humboldt Redwoods State Park in California

Facebook

Humboldt Redwoods State Park in California contains over 53,000 acres, and the largest old growth redwood forest in the world. There is a 32 mile long road that drives right through the giant trees. The park has over 250 campsites and 100+ miles of hiking, biking, and riding trails. Fishing is allowed in the south fork and main stream of the Eel river.

7. Big Arm State Park in Montana

Facebook

This park is home to flathead lake, the largest freshwater lake in the western United States. The park is full of activities to do such as boating, fishing, canoeing, wind surfing, and water skiing. The park also has campsites and rentable yurts.

8. Mt. Blue State Park in Maine

Facebook

Mt. Blue State Park is open year-round, and offers camping. This park is popular for fishing, snowmobiling, hiking, snowshoeing, trail-riding, and ice skating. The park has a great view of the mountain range, and they keep their trails groomed in the winter.

9. Palo Duro Canyon State Park in Texas

Facebook

Palo Duro canyon is the second largest canyon in the United States and is known as the "Grand Canyon of Texas." It can be explored by foot, car, horse, and bike. There are over 30 miles of trails, and many different campsites.